Medical Marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hubbies smokes it, on a rare ocasion I will try it. One time last year, Christmas time, He had something that gave me tons of energy. He hasnt had anything like that sence. May be was holding out, lol.
That's why I want a card and access to a dispencery.

Hi Megan,
Do you know if it matters if the CBD oil comes from a Hemp plant or a marijuana plant?

They have decriminalized marijuana in my state and have passed the use of it for medicinal purposes. They are building a dispensary in my area. I'm going to be the first in line to get a medical card, marijuana has been the ONLY thing that completely takes away the pain that I'm feeling. The unfortunate thing is that when you get it from the street, it could be any strain, and I've had strains that made my fibro worse but it's a chance I'm willing to take to get the kind of relief I get from using it. I have smoked it for instant relief but prefer adding some to my hot tea just before I call it a night. :)

Dejaye,
I use medical marijuana for the relief of chronic pain, anxiety, chronic fatigue and also insomnia. I have my medical marijuana card so that I can kind of control what strains I smoke. My caregiver grows different strains for me to try and if I find one that really helps, I let him know and he continues to grow that strain for me. So, the way I keep track is by keeping a log of what I have tried and I give it points or take away points depending on different criteria I have. So for example, if it doesn't help with the pain like it is supposed to that is -1 point or if it makes me cough a lot that's -1 point. I have a 5 point criteria right now. 1. amount of coughing 2. taste 3. Can I function after smoking? 4. Does it help with pain/anxiety/fatigue/insomnia? 5. Amount needed
Best of luck!

I have found THC to be an effective treatment for widespread body pain and even fatigue. You just have to be careful how much you smoke and be specific about the strain. I'm fortunate enough to live in OR, so it's recreationally legal. If you get the card, you can always make your own CBD oil. Harlequin has like 1% THC and tons of CBD. I usually mix it with other strains that have more anti-depressant qualities. Jillybean and Blue Dream are good for that. Purple Gorilla is my night time medicine. I am going to start making tinctures because smoking flower is no good for the lungs but it's so helpful with everything else.

It's not like I'm "high" all the time either because I really modulate my dose. I know some people are sensitive to THC but if you're not, don't fear it. It can provide powerful pain relief.

I hope the national legalization happens soon for everybody who suffers from this (and many other things). It truly is medicine and strain matters a lot.

Hearts and kittens everyone!

Nikki

I read in the news (AOL news) that long-term smoking (usage?) of strains high in THC will cause damage to the central core of nerves in your brain. Good to know.

Peace :)

So far I"ve only used CBD capsules, non psychotropic but helps with pain, anxiety and sleep. #Fibro

Hi well i have read this old thread with interest as marijuna is not legal anywhere in the Uk and in my head it is something kids experiment with that makes them giggley and get something called the munchies and potentially could be any quality and do your mind permanent harm.

I realize medical marijuna is something different and i know MS sufferers use it here probably illegally.

What is medical marijuna and what are the different forms....how does it work and what are the side effects?

Maybe we should start a campaign for more research into how it can help fibro and get it legalized around the world as a treatment option.

Medical marijuana is marijuana that is used medically. The cannabis is tracked from seed to sale so it's genetics are known. Marijuana differs vastly from strain to strain. Some is giggly but not all.

It can be great for pain, nausea, migraines, anxiety, depression PTSD and more. There have been ongoing studies that support using marijuana as medicine. It has been demonstrably really good for fibromyalgia sufferers who are not getting relief elsewhere. I hope it soon becomes legal medicine worldwide. There is even a type of marijuana that has no psychoactive effect that has high levels of the cannabinoid CBD which helps pain, anxiety and epilepsy. These strains have been considered safe for children as the THC is very low.

Hope that helps.

Thanks howlinwoolf what is CBD and THC...sorry but i was brought up in an era when cannabis was not really used.. well not by my friends anyway.

if it killed pain really well wouldnt that be amazing and help the anxiety and depression pain causes.

its ok i googled it ...if it was proven safe and legal i would use it.

Hello,
I've had sever fibro for the last 11 years and was on a lot of rx meds that were destroying my body. Pills, patches, 30-40 trigger point injection with lidocaine every month...couldn't continue this way, I got my card and haven't looked back. The only pill I take now is a one a day. MMJ helps my muscle pain and stiffness sa that I can walk (a little bit) and sit with more comfort. Am down to 1 migraine a week and it only last a day (used to be laid up for 3-4 days in bed throwing up, a bite garde helps with the jaw pain). I haven't really slept in 11 years, but mmj helps me get a few hrs a night. I use a indica strain called cream caramel, and I use white widow for day time. It has helped with the depression, mood swings, nausea, RLS, IBS, Myofascial pain, and piriformis syndrome. I will never go back to the pills, it took me a year to get all them and it was horrible.

Happy to hear you've found relief and you're off the meds, suzyq !

Can't wait for it to be legal in Canada!

Thanks, yes off all meds until two days ago, I had 12 injections because now I also have bursitis in both hips, piriformis syndrome, lumbar spondylosis changes with 2 bulging discs and a script of ropinirole hcl for RLS. So as of today, Ropinirole and Fioricet when I have a migraine.

Hi Suzy I too have bilateral trochanter bursitis, bilateral IT band syndrome and pirformis is syndrome, sciatica 2 herniated disc in lower back. I am considering marijuana for pain I do not take anything for pain right now other than ibuprofen or naproxen sometimes. I know there are numerous strains, what works for you I know nothing about marijuana?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back