Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
CA
I've been suffering from a back injury for months now, and been dosing my self with a lot of pain relievers. I'm starting to think that I might take away the pain of my back with the meds i'm but at the same time punishing my liver slowly. So I started reading articles about marijuana and it's medical aspect.

I am already 34 years old and haven't tried smoking or any other means of using marijuana and I have nothing against it. My question is that if i try it would I be dependent at the same time addicted to it? And will it really ease the pain? Thanks in advance to those who'll answer

I think at this point there's no doubt about marijuana as a legitimate pain reliever. For this reason it's becoming legalized across North America.

As far as addiction, everything I've read and been told is that it's not physically addictive. I think it can become habitual and habit-forming if it becomes a regular part of your life through usage every day.

This is from Wikipedia:

In the United States, 49% of people have used cannabis. Although physical addiction has not been proven, an estimated 9% of those who use cannabis develop dependence.

thanks for answering that very quick @David. I'll be considering this very much.

Yes, I agree with David that marijuana will not be physically addicted to you. Medical marijuana is legal in several states and it provides benefits for people with a wide variety of medical issues. Marijuana is constantly a popular treatment option for arthritis patients, joint pain, lower back pain and as well as neck pain. Nowadays, there are millions of people suffering from back pain. Last year, my mother was also dealing with back pain her smaller nerves that supply the low back where getting irritated. Then my friend suggested using herbal medicine, which helped her to reduce pain, which allowed her to continue being active. He had also recommended having a warm water therapy by installing a walk-in tub. After the installation of the tub, the massaging water jets provided a much gentler, and welcoming environment which helped her to eliminate her back pain.

Yes, I agree with David that marijuana will not be physically addicted to you. Medical marijuana is legal in several states and it provides benefits for people with a wide variety of medical issues. Marijuana is constantly a popular treatment option for arthritis patients, joint pain, lower back pain and as well as neck pain. Nowadays, there are millions of people suffering from back pain. Last year, my mother was also dealing with back pain her smaller nerves that supply the low back where getting irritated. Then my friend suggested using herbal medicine, which helped her to reduce pain, which allowed her to continue being active. He had also recommended having a warm water therapy by installing a walk-in tub by the walk in bathtub Spokane team. After the installation of the tub, the massaging water jets provided a much gentler, and welcoming environment which helped her to eliminate her back pain.

I also really want to try it - also for it calming effects. I do not live in a country where there is legal marijuana, but thankfully I am a citizen of a country where marijuana is legal and easily available. So I hope to find a doctor there who will prescribe me the right kind.

Problem is...I cannot smoke anything, I can't seem to inhale. Even as a teenager, I tried to smoke a cigarette, but failed at it - thankfully. Then once I inhaled accidentally and was sick for a month. So the times, I had a joint in my hand, I could not figure out how to inhale it.

I read that drinking it as tea or as a muffin/cake is an option, but is the pain-relief effects the same? Why can't they simply make pills out of marijuana - or maybe there are that I am not aware of.

vickythecat: You can get Med MJ in capsule form, edibles or topicals. I take CBD capsules for my fibro pain and it also helps with sleep. CBD is a component of marijuana that is non psychotropic (you won't get high). The component THC is what makes you high. You don't have to smoke it anymore.
Hope this helps.....
good luck!

Hope your back feels better and I appreciate the fact that you are concerned about taking anything that would make you become dependent on. Good judgement here! I'll do some research and get back to you, as I am interested to know your answer. Feel better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back