DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/1987
Country
US
State
VA
Hello, I'm brand new to the Forum.
I have had fibro for 28 years. I have tried so many medications but nothing has worked.

Can anyone on here share any medications that have helped you?

Please share with me....my symptoms are:
Extreme fatigue
Joint and muscle pain
IBS
Difficulty completing tasks, etc.
I NEVER feel good

Thanks,
GiGi 3

GIGI, welcome and good question!

first you will have to understand that the meds are only part of the help you need.

read my posts called:
1- what is fibromyalgia
2- starting a daily log book and why it helps
3- i have a family member with fibromyalgia, how do i help.

do the things in the posts.

reduce your pains.
get on the vitamin D and magneisum
keep moving to reduce your pains. remember that the brain is over worked and the nerves are over worked with fibro.
working the muscles will reduce the number of signals to your brain to process pain.
get in the hot bath and shower. swimming is great!

drug process in everyone's body differently. what maybe good for me may not be good for you.

understand what is drug it supposed to do and what to expect from it. talk to the pharmacy. they know drugs.

get the log book started right away and work with your doctor to get the meds right and to agreed pain levels.

the drug that worked for me was 90 mg of morphine per day. enough to knock out 3 elephants!
my drugs take two months to process through my body.(DNA testing)

learn and listen to your body.

zilo has posted a few really good posts on how to reduce your pains.
read them as well.

click on her name. then click on statics and click on thread zilo has started and then go back and click on post
zilo has made.

read and learn here.

we can help you here.
keep posting your questions.

Welcome to our ever growing family.
I take tramadol and paracetamol for pain.amytripoline as a nerve blocker .and that's it. Movement helps me the most.

forgetmenot...the amitriptyline that you take, did that take awhile before that starts to help? and how much are you taking? thanks

I'm taking 75 mg , it's one of them pills u don't think is doing sod all till u stop it.
Never stops the pain , but helps u get really good sleep.

Forgetmenot! Thanks for the info, my doctor prescribed only 10mg at bedtime. It did not work, in fact I think I was up more because of this
I should call them and tell them to increase the amount.

Well they always start u off on a low does ,then they will slowly up it. Most ppl sleep well with it, but some ppl don't .ask for higher they can only say yes or no.

Hello GiGi, glad to meet you.
I am have found cyclobenzaprine (flexeril) helps me.
If I take 2 doses a day I am usually in pretty good shape.

Amitriptylin increase the fatigue and decrease libido which already low. So i stop it after 2 year consumed. It help with depresion very effective. Cause dizzines in the office. 10 mg for 2 year.

Well it never helped my depression. But libido is as rampant as always lol so suits some better then others .

ibs holy crap batman oops sorry

welcome i have ibs it really sucks although all all my drugs bring it under control

tasks sounds add adhd like me except i have more a smart ass problem

your age and your symptoms you may be in for trying allot of drugs

but dont stop or give up keep fighting for answers and the right doc and meds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back