Meds update

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Fibrofighter39 , did the amitriptalyne help with the depression, mines been challenging for nearly a week I take 100mgs sertaline (not long raised) and 1,800mgs gabbapentin (also recent upgraded) I honestly don’t know what’s going on with me (I wish it would stop though) so glad you’ve got a handle on yours and doing good productive things 😊💜😎

No it didn't it made my depression worse..i atill have it on and off...the heavy feeling of crying 😔

The "Black Dog" is a symbol for depression. Resilience is our ability to handle setbacks, incl. that, trauma, anxiety etc.

On the first page of this thread I mentioned the "Black Dog" books and videos by the Australian Matthew Johnstone, award winning and WHO-propagated.
Now I got his nicely illustrated book about Resilience too and it is equally brilliant, also at least twice as thick.
So I will be getting more, to hand them around, and might be trying his other books too, on Meditation and Mindfulness.
There seems to be a "Little Book of Resilience" as well as the "Big Little Book of Resilience". Mine is the German version from 2015 saying it's a translation of the Big Little Book..., 2015. The version "Little Book..." seems to be from 2022.

As regards videos there is a 3rd one on the Black Dog called "Depression and the Fire Fighter who Fought it".
And btw: @sunkacola's recommendation Hyperbole and a Half gets a video reading of the first chapter by Allie Brosh herself.

Last edited:
I stopped taking my sertraline I feel so much better since (the combination of that, gabapentin and cocodamol put me in a really dark place, better now (still get it peaks and troughs) never taking that combo again 🍒🍫🍨

Do you journal?
Not sure who/what you're referring to, but I assume the original post(er), OP.
Before people get confused, I only dug this thread out because I was taking up that I'd mentioned the "Black Dog" here.
The OP hasn't been here for 6 weeks, but might well come back some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back