Memes: A Touch of Humor for Us Fibromites

I've enjoyed the humorous memes, it's difficult to see the bright side when chronic illness blights your life and some of us may not laugh often, so it's touching to see memes from fellow sufferers that make me giggle. There's sadness behind the story so a little humour might help to let off steam and not feel so alone.

Visualization is also interesting, it can be difficult to describe to non sufferers.

Not quite sure I get the meaning of what you mean what I meant...?

sweetkamie's understood exactly what I meant: Memes which visualize our pain are often not "a touch of humor", as in "ha-ha", they're "ouch" and can make us cry because we see our pain, feel understood etc.
So the question would be if we think it's OK to stretch the title a bit, or a lot,
or it's better to adapt sunkacola's suggestion to start a new thread for symptom visualizations.
Personally, I think I'd like to stretch the title a bit, like I already did in my post, but not too much.
Since everyone's OK with this I don't see any necessity at the moment to start a new thread, unless enough people start cheering to do so. Instead we could hook visualizations on to a similar thread, like sweetkamie's starting thread, where she/you asked for more metaphors and I answered ▶️ thus....
I think everyone will post whichever memes they connect with here no matter what the title is (not that 👉🏻Jay did that 🤣)

is it possible that if there are sad memes here it will turn off some people looking for a laugh? @Badger would you stop following notifications if you see serious memes here too? personally I will probably do nothing but funny memes cuz it’s my survival skill 🥷🏻

I lean towards the humorous for some respite and this thread is welcome. The more serious ones could also help in getting our thoughts and feelings across. Speaking personally I've chosen humour so far for something positive. But that's as someone who's spent a lifetime with depression and made the mistake of being negative when I meant to be serious and understood.

I lean towards the humorous for some respite and this thread is welcome. The more serious ones could also help in getting our thoughts and feelings across. Speaking personally I've chosen humour so far for something positive. But that's as someone who's spent a lifetime with depression and made the mistake of being negative when I meant to be serious and understood.
That definitely clarifies how having both together could hinder the original intent. Does seeing the serious memes diminish the good vibes? Cuz if so, I’d say we try for 2 threads…

I think everyone will post whichever memes they connect with here no matter what the title is (not that 👉🏻Jay did that 🤣)
You pointing a finger at me??? Tss tss. 😂 uh... "not" pointing a finger at me...
is it possible that if there are sad memes here it will turn off some people looking for a laugh? @Badger would you stop following notifications if you see serious memes here too? personally I will probably do nothing but funny memes cuz it’s my survival skill 🥷🏻
Comparing, they're actually all bittersweet, some are bitterer, some sweeter. My butterfly with a stone tied to it as well as sweetkamie's/yours with the cute blonde in pyjamas lying on the stairs.
Also we all laugh about different things, so we're used to just ignoring what doesn't make us laugh....
Maybe debating about "sad" memes/pix is just theoretical, they don't work that way.
So I'm still all for keeping it as it is.
Example for a so-called "sadder" one: FM is like riding a bike on fire.... Again bittersweet....

Attachments

• pix 10 Working with chronic pain is like riding a bike on fire.jpg
    pix 10 Working with chronic pain is like riding a bike on fire.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 58
OK, so if that's funny after all, let's just keep it as it is,

and here I go again....
With some black humour again...
and some a bit serious, or maybe you again don't think so...

Attachments

• pix 10 I cant remember the last time I was comfortable.jpg
    pix 10 I cant remember the last time I was comfortable.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 59
  • pix 10 I don't need to write that down HU 2021-01-08.jpg
    pix 10 I don't need to write that down HU 2021-01-08.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 46
  • pix 10 like a tree on fire HU 2021-01-08.jpg
    pix 10 like a tree on fire HU 2021-01-08.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 42
  • pix 7 10 ways to support.jpg
    pix 7 10 ways to support.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 47
  • erl 2021-03-09 #92 pix 10 just because you see me posting online.jpg
    erl 2021-03-09 #92 pix 10 just because you see me posting online.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 50
  • erl 2020-12-26 #1 Pix 10 2020 Invisible Illness.jpeg
    erl 2020-12-26 #1 Pix 10 2020 Invisible Illness.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 39
  • erl 2020-12-26 #2 Pix 10 Invisible Illness Male Frank (panda68-UK).jpg
    erl 2020-12-26 #2 Pix 10 Invisible Illness Male Frank (panda68-UK).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 52
  • erl 2020-12-26 #3 Pix 10 Fibro-Pain-Areas all Fiona (panda68-UK).jpg
    erl 2020-12-26 #3 Pix 10 Fibro-Pain-Areas all Fiona (panda68-UK).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 49
  • erl 2020-12-26 #4 Pix 10 Person who wants to do a lot of things trapped in a body that doesnt.jpg
    erl 2020-12-26 #4 Pix 10 Person who wants to do a lot of things trapped in a body that doesnt.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 50
  • erl 2020-12-26 #5 Pix 10 ThoughtIWasFakingThis HU 2021-10-26 + 2022-03-11.jpg
    erl 2020-12-26 #5 Pix 10 ThoughtIWasFakingThis HU 2021-10-26 + 2022-03-11.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 53
Hahaha some of those are classics :) I relate to the lying to myself one, the worsening symptoms being celebrated, and the bird

It’s a feat to be able to conduct ourselves in a way that other people don’t necessarily realize all that we are going through…we are pretty amazing!

I was wondering what kind of creature I was looking at there for a minute! Is that a head? No is it a tail? aah it's one of those things I can't remember the name of right now but I know what it is, I got it ostrich (it's ostrich) 😄

I had that feeling today when dealing with the pharmacy and thought no it can wait for another day. Apparently country singer Jonny Cash had an ostrich as a pet until he kicked him and broke his ribs.

Last edited:
I don't know why I find that funny but I do! 😆

Back