Memes: A Touch of Humor for Us Fibromites

YES! to both of those @sweetkamie20!! LOL

i relish my time alone during the day.. no excess noise, no bright lights.. curtains closed - just calm & peaceful... until the dog starts snoring :ROFLMAO:
Sounds like we could be good friends: silence and low-stimulatiom environments 😁. Just 2 fibromites chilling and wondering why the rest of the world has to be so busy 😂

Maybe the doctors are crazy?

Attachments

• 47B32D54-BD4A-419D-A629-8320E3789E0B.jpeg
    47B32D54-BD4A-419D-A629-8320E3789E0B.jpeg
    376.1 KB · Views: 66
On youtube "A Better Alternative to the Spoon Theory | I Hate the Terms Spoonie and Spoonies | ME/CFS RANT"
is a fairly funny rant about how dumb the Spoon Theory is - quite a few animation movie/series clips thrown in.
It's by YouTuber Rachel Wynne "Survival of the Fatigued" who I came across looking for vagal exercises for @miamisunset
Ha! She's an interesting cat. I actually did not get the reference to phone batteries but when she defined it I did lo. Yeah, spoon theory is so stupid and inaccurate for me. If we are like phones with bad batteries, then I would say its like a phone with a bad battery that catches on fire when you try to use it past its limits...

"Saves money in amusement parks": Hmm, the few times I've been in anything outside the little kids' dept. I was feeling shaky and sick for hours afterwards.... A car trip is to me what a roller coaster is to others...

On youtube "A Better Alternative to the Spoon Theory | I Hate the Terms Spoonie and Spoonies | ME/CFS RANT"
is a fairly funny rant about how dumb the Spoon Theory is - quite a few animation movie/series clips thrown in.
It's by YouTuber Rachel Wynne "Survival of the Fatigued" who I came across looking for vagal exercises for @miamisunset
I am another one who hates the so called "spoon theory". for one thing, it's not a theory! And the person who came up with it apparently doesn't know the difference between a theory and a metaphor, which I find very annoying.
I always explain it with the defective battery metaphor instead. As the person in the video says, everyone can understand it and it is a great deal closer to being our situation that "having so many spoons", which I agree is excessively dumb, and in my opinion makes us look dumb when we use it.

Brain / fibro fog:
Ah, it's hard for me on this thread, cos it always takes a while for the big pix to load...
But just wanna share today was a bit crazy, fibro or brain fog or plain Jay fog:
First I drove my wife a bit mad cuz I c'dn't find my 4th and 5th pair of wooly socks. After 10 minutes her looking where I suspected them to be me eating at the table, I looked to my left and saw them lying directly next to me.... 😊. Groaaan.
Later finished preparing my 50 supp capsules, one jumped out. Which? Where? Back in. Next jumped from to the other. Found out which. Then again. Cdn't find that...
A few minutes later I found an open container with a bit of liquid in it right at the bottom, but somehow managed to empty it over bits of paper and a magazine my wife had borrowed.
When my son then phoned (after 8 is way too late for me for phone calls) I decided I'd better not answer, then wanted to listen to the mailbox, but phoned him back instead, put the phone aside. A few minutes later I went to the phone wondering why it isn't playing the mailbox and realized I'd been "phoning" him, and during that he'd been trying to phone me several times, last time he joked "you nut / dumbo", so I phoned back "Hi here's dumbo, sorry I'm not able to phone, tell me any news quickly and then phone back tomorrow", so we kept to 3 minutes (a challenge for him, he likes chattering).

In that vein some fog memes...
... and one excellent idea to save me preparing all my supps every day...

Attachments

• pix 9 Fibro Fog - just one of those daze.jpg
    pix 9 Fibro Fog - just one of those daze.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 55
  • erl 2021-02-02 pix 8 Brain fog to-do list.jpg
    erl 2021-02-02 pix 8 Brain fog to-do list.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 53
  • erl 2021-02-02 pix 7 your brain with fibro fog.jpg
    erl 2021-02-02 pix 7 your brain with fibro fog.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 41
  • erl 2021-02-02 pix 7 List of things brain fog fibro.jpg
    erl 2021-02-02 pix 7 List of things brain fog fibro.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 48
  • erl 2021-02-02 pix 7 Fibro fog like ADD and senile.jpg
    erl 2021-02-02 pix 7 Fibro fog like ADD and senile.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 44
  • pix 7 Awkward moment - what5 3 times.jpg
    pix 7 Awkward moment - what5 3 times.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 39
  • pix 8 What do we want5 Better Memory!.jpg
    pix 8 What do we want5 Better Memory!.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 34
  • pix 7 I Finally Know why I have difficulty in speaking.jpg
    pix 7 I Finally Know why I have difficulty in speaking.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 47
  • pix 7 one convenient dose.jpg
    pix 7 one convenient dose.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 38
  • pix 7 rememberer broken.jpg
    pix 7 rememberer broken.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 46
Jay, I read about your day to my husband as he can relate so well to your wife 😅 If he asks me where something is I tell him where I think it is and so he looks there last cuz it’s never there. I can’t find anything! Can’t remember things. I rarely try to remember anymore cuz that part of my brain is inaccessible 😑

Okay, all small thumbnails from now on 😬

Back