Status
Not open for further replies.
I am exactly the same way. I forget what I was going to say in the middle of a sentence and just sit there like, ugh, ugh, ugh and I feel like a stupid person. It is embarrassing because I am a smart person or use to be and it makes me look ridiculous. I think back to years ago when I wasn't like this and it makes me mad and sad at the same time. I am wanting to start college and go for nursing but man is it going to be a long hard struggle. I have to put way more effort into learning things than the average normal person does.

Oh my gosh you guys, I am laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. I'm laughing with you for sure....So there is now 4 pages of posts, right? As I'm reading them, thoughts are popping into my head. After page 2, I start trying to remember a word that one of the first posts brings to mind and I can't think of it, so I'm like shit, shit, shit, what was it?! So I remember again, then I keep reading and get to page 3 and another thought pops up and I decide to write it down so when I get to the end and can comment, I can remember it! I then begin to try and remember the word from page 1, that I forgot on page 2!

So the first one was about keeping focused and not getting sidetracked on bunny trails of different thoughts. My friends and I call them "squirrel!" moments. I'm carrying on a conversation, and "Boom", squirrel! I'm looking over at something completely unrelated and realize I'm either staring at it or thinking about it, then realize the person I'm talking too is still talking and I haven't a clue what they said! I'm usually too embarrassed to say, "Sorry, I got squirreled, what did you say?"

The other was, I was volunteering at the school dance at the start of this school year and someone says something about the principal and she's standing in front of us, so I stick out my hand and introduce myself, thinking it's her first year at the school (my daughter is now in the 8th grade, so she's been in middle school for 3 years now). The principal looks and my hand and shakes it and says, I know who you are and we've talked many times over the last 3 years. I about died!

So many of your comments are funny, but I can't remember who said it, cuz it was back a page. They are getting into their car, put change in the middle thingy, kickin back and realize they don't have a thingy to put change in!

People, I figure, wonder why I special order my vehicles. I like to have a unique vehicle for one, but more importantly, if I forget where I park, it usually stands out because it is unique! So I pay for my brain fog for sure! That said, one day I came out of the grocery store. I was meeting my mom and I told her where my car was. I go out the door, still talking on my phone to her and she can't see it anywhere. I look up to where my car is and I see my mom talking on the phone, so I tease her about her ability to see or some such. We're laughing as I'm walking toward her and I look to where my car is and it's gone! I start running from row to row determined with each minute that my car has been jacked! My mom, cool as you be, asks me if it could have been at the other entrance.......Durrrrr!

It sure is nice to know it's not just me. Thank you for sharing your moments with us! As I'm closing this I remember another one somewhere on here, talking about an object but not being able to come up with the name? Ya, I did that with my husband a while back. "You know, that thingy! That big square thingy? Ugh! That....what's the word? Ohhhh! That table!" Hubby looks at me like I have 3 heads, "Uh huh? And what about it?" Me, "Oh shoot! I don't remember why I was talking about the table, but at least I finally came up with the word!" Sheesh! He won't admit it, but I do think he's as bad as me sometimes. That's my story and I'm sticking too it...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back