Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
its getting silly now. I can't even remember what was said to me more then half hour ago without writing it down .
The Dr made me a appointment for my daughter .i had to ask for three times to repeat the date and time.
It's like my brains on a different time line to the rest of my body.
I wish it would forget to tell me I'm in pain.but my brain remember that bit to well .
I can only hope one day il forget what I'm worrying about and have a stupid smile on my face all day long lol.

I went to pick up my prescription yesterday. While waiting I was looking over the counter at something called flexor all or something like that. When she finally came over, I said "I'm here for my flexor all" and forgot the word prescription and couldn't correct myself. She just laughed with me. Dorkus!

Maybe it is the phase of the moon. I kept having to ask people to repeat themselves all day yesterday.

I can't remember Lauren teacher name. Over a week now and I have no clue what's so ever.lol

Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff!

I was getting dressed the other morning (a feat unto itself) and as I was pulling up my underwear I realized I had already put on a pair. Now I fear forgetting to put something on! Gotta keep laughing.

I am laughing so much. Perhaps you better have a 'note to self' in the bedroom'remember to put knickers on'! ha ha...(.hope knickers is an ok word worldwide as i know we have some english words that have a very different meaning in the USA

yes, knickers is okay lol. the memory thing is the pits. forgetting the word for something - you know, that cylinder thing that you put liquid into to drink - i do that a lot. and i forget what i've told people. i think of something then two minutes later think of it again, and can't remember if i shared or not lmao. also yes, have to get people to repeat things. i put appointments in my phone as people are speaking, but forget by the time i'm home to put them on the calendar. i find lists are helpful as are day planners. fill my in for the week monday morning so i know what i have to do. but then always stress i'm forgetting something anyhow. sigh.

I really hate when I can't finish a sentence. Always the last word! I hesitate and in my brain I keep trying to think of the word, and I can't . I feel so stupid!

Oh, I hate that too. Mid sentence I suddenly stop. I've started just telling people, "sorry, I lost my train of thought."

All I can say is my husband and kids are very patient people.

I've been mixing up words a lot lately. I know the word I intend to say but something else comes out. My 4 year thinks I'm hilarious.

My gosh! I do most of these things. I thought it was just me. I always worry about how it makes me look to other people. I like the idea of laughing though. Finally, at the age of double nickels, maybe I can evaluate a situation and if I can't change it, I'll just laugh. I can't change whether or not I'll remember the right word, or if I pause while talking bc my brain is a few seconds behind in processing the next word to come, or mix up words like saying table instead of chair, or having to ask people to repeat themselves, or losing my train of thought. LOL I say I have a bad habit of train hopping, as in hopping from one train of thought to another.

How about participating in a conversation by telling a funny story but sometime during the story you forget what your point was?

I find myself frequently saying the 'vet' when talking about going to the 'dentist' and have no idea why as my cats died over a year ago and so the vet is not exactly a regular place i would go!

I can't follow what people tell me at all...and make myself look really stupid asking something they have just told me.

I wasn't like this at all a year ago...my brain was still sharp but now its gone to mush!

Hey Willow :)
Sorry, but saying the "vet" when talking about the dentist is funny to me. I am not being insensitive, I hope, I know it is frustrating. I can totally relate to what you're saying, as I do those things too.

Yes I don't know why that started it's like vet is easier than dentist to say and it just comes out ....there are sorts of other made up words...like plastic thingy or squirty thingy when i am refering to the bathroom cleaning spray and the brand name escapes me even though i have used the same for years.

The strange thing is another time i can do something like give myself a challenge to pass the time and i can write down all my class mates from primary school when i was 9 and grammar school when i was about 11.....i can remember just about every name including the surnames of over 30 pupils both times and even draw a layout of the classroom and where each person sat and all the teachers.

But i can't remember the bathroom thingy HaHa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back