Not open for further replies.

K.G.SREEKUMAR

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IN
State
INDIA
Mental support of your own is very important in reducing the discomforts of Fibromyalgia. Each person is dreaming that their won"t be any suffering on tomorrow so I can have that ....I can have this ...like that but in the next morning the things will be almost same as yesterday means Pain all over body and Fatigue. So I would like to suggest a very important thing. You have to accept yourself that you are a fibromyalgia patient and this disease is not at all going to end tomorrow or day after tomorrow. it will continue like that but I have to take all steps to control the disease that is the only thing I can do , like that and also you can pledge that I will live like other women/men even if this disease troubles me for a long period. Most of the women are cursing themselves about their condition that will will hurt your mind as a self hypnotic therapy.

I would say the best thing any woman or man can do for themselves is to make an appointment with a local mental health expert or pastor of their church and get some counselling. Fibro can mess up your head so that you don't think right or maintain ability to say words correctly or make good choices. It is important to have someone who can relate to your problems through proper training and help you address these new problems that arrive in some sort of reasonable manner. By doing this you will be able to ward off a lot of the stress and depression that fibro causes. Through therapy your life will be much better and you will find good coping skills and have someone you can confide in that really understands your way of thinking. A therapist becomes your best life line in facing the challages of life with fibromyalgia. :)

Secondly best choice is joining a good support group like this one! lol

I awaken everyday, hoping for a miracle---that I will be normal again (if I ever was!). When I realize I can hardly get myself out of the bed, I am sad and disillusioned. So many things I cannot do now! Two vicodin to go to the grocery store! The worse part is that it will only worsen. Very depressing although I am naturally optimistic.

Yes, it is so important to have good support when you are having a chronic illness such as Fibro. You need to work hard to have good physical and emotional health. Find people who are supportive and with whom you can share how you are feeling and your frustrations. This was a good post.

Sometimes emotional pain, as in the case of depression, can cause physical pain that can keep you in bed or so fatigued, that normal life is impossible. And you can be taking pain medication that does not work well, because the pain is emotional, not physical. Depression can make movement impossible and cause symptoms that copy-cat fibro. So getting tested or visiting a mental health doctor can really improve your life and stop the cycle of endless pain pills that do not work. :) Remember too that fibro causes depression.

It is very important that you get the support that you need, whether that is mentally or physically. You wouldn't think twice before seeing a doctor if you had a physical illness, so you shouldn't worry about seeing them about mental issues, either.

It doesn't have to be a doctor who you see; you might find that it is helpful to talk to a friend who understands what you're going through. Some of the time, simply talking can help, so you don't need to speak to people who even have medical training, just as long as you can speak to somebody.

Of course, if you know that you have clinical depression because of your condition then that is different, and you should make sure that you see a doctor about it. Never suffer in silence, as you should find that there is usually something that can be done.

Unless you are the one suffering, no one understands your level of pain. It's true---they may feel sorry for you but they cannot relate. Also, they get fed up with the moans, the groans, the grimaces.
Now that my husband's hips are shot, he gets what has been going on with me. The only problem is that his pain is far worse than mine and he suffers more. Doesn't have the ca-hones to tell me that but it is apparent that he suffers more than I---that's a man for ya!
My utterances of pain to do seem to impact anyone so it's much like being on my own. Exactly like being on my own so I am very kind to Cinder.

My fibro is not as bad as some of the symptoms I've been experiencing thanks to damn PCOS! It's traumatizing! Things start to get ugly when your health starts affecting the way you look as well :( Living with fibro isn't easy, but I always thought that as long as my health wasn't also affecting the way I looked everything would be ok. Now there are days I really wonder how I manage to handle all this :( I'm going to see my therapist tomorrow - thinking of switching to another one but not sure!

I've learnt to be my main source of support... I don't like to tell others about my problems anymore... no one likes people who complains. But there are days I really woner when or it this will ever come to an end...

Sometimes emotional pain, as in the case of depression, can cause physical pain that can keep you in bed or so fatigued, that normal life is impossible. And you can be taking pain medication that does not work well, because the pain is emotional, not physical. Depression can make movement impossible and cause symptoms that copy-cat fibro. So getting tested or visiting a mental health doctor can really improve your life and stop the cycle of endless pain pills that do not work. :) Remember too that fibro causes depression.

Oh, this is so absolutely 100% true. I remember studying this and feeling so relieved to know that emotional turmoil can indeed cause physical pain. It wasn't even fibro I was dealing with, but I can't even imagine this being added on top of fibro pain. :sad:

For me, the emotional pain (thankfully it was just a short time period of a few months) always transferred to my legs and arms... especially legs, now that I'm thinking of that time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back