Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2007
Country
US
State
Nebraska
Hello everyone. I am curious, how often do you get a migraine along with a major fibro flare? I have found this to be very common for me. I tend to have a migraine at least once during a major flare. Is this true for anyone else? :?

I get migraines often with flares. I have always been sensitive to air pressure changes and fibro seems to amplify along with the headaches. Not much fun.

I never used to get migraine headaches, and now I get them all the time! At first I thought it might have something to do with going through menopause, but I now think that it could be the Fibromyalgia as well. I have several chronic conditions and they all seem to make getting migraines worse, so I really never know which condition is causing it at the moment that it happens. I just turn the lights off and try and relax until it passes. It lasts for about 20 minutes or so each time I have one. I don't know why 20 minutes seems to always be the time limit, but it has always been that way since I started getting them. I do believe that it's very common to have migraine headaches with Fibromyalgia.

I do get migraines, usually the headache comes with dizziness, nausea and sensitivity to lights and sounds. Usually the dizziness and nausea start before the headache.

I get them with flares.

I get migraines often with flare up's. This keeps me in recuperative mode constantly.
I take MAXALT. This drug is a life saver. Nothing keeps me comfortable
like Maxalt. I always need it on hand.

I also have migraines with my flares what is maxalt?

Maxalt is a prescription medicine. It works by slightly shrinking the blood vessels in your head. It relieves pressure and pain considerably. It is not a maintenence drug. You take a pill when you feel a migraine coming on. :) This is the only medicine that keeps me from being incapacitated.

I get migraines and find Tylenol, coffee, food, and orgasm help to relieve it a bit. Usually lingers but those help.

I've been dealing with migraines for years at first they were debilitating this is before I even thought of possibly having fibromyalgia. I took a new path way up my neck around my ear and into my right temple and they can last for days making it hard to move. I'm new to the forum so I'm hoping maybe I can find some things to help, they started with an MRI of my brain back and further testing from there everything is negative rather healthy. I've been waiting on a disability case for the migraine specifically but seeing a neurologist in a week or two to talk about having fibro been treated with lyrica it is greatly helping especially with the headache I have no clue when the migraines going to come though that's the worst part

Hello, I am new to this forum. Although I am not yet diagnosed, I strongly suspect I have fibromyalgia. I've had migraine headaches intermittently for the past 14 years, triggered mostly by changes in air pressure, and relieved (thank God) by Imitrex (sumatriptin). Two years ago I was prescribed Lyrica for pain related to degenerative disc disease and arthritis in the lumbar spine, as well as some radiating pain and numbness in my legs and feet. The migraines became much less frequent while I was taking Lyrica, and there seemed to be some improvement in the pain and numbness in my lower extremities, but I didn't care much for the weight gain/fluid retention and poor balance I experienced. I attempted to stop taking the Lyrica a couple of times, but felt terrible. Since I was still working, I resumed the drug just to get by. I recently retired, and took three months to taper off the Lyrica gradually. I am finally off the drug, lost the weight, but now find myself with chronic intermittent musculoskeletal pain, fatigue, and more frequent migraines. I will be seeing my doctor in a couple of days, and will request a referral to pain management.

Hi
I hope the pain dr that you see can help improve your symptoms greatly. Please let us know what they say.
Hope everyone has the best day possible.

Thanks, lhaney. I saw my doctor today, and discussed my symptoms. She ordered blood work to check for autoimmune diseases like Lupus, RA, etc. She said she will refer me to rheumatology if appropriate. She was very supportive, and did mention fibromyalgia being a possibility if other conditions are ruled out. My goal is to manage symptoms with as little medication as possible, as my stomach suffers with NSAIDS. I have Percocet to use for severe pain, but try not to take it unless I really need it. She offered me an anti depressant, as I scored pretty high on a simple test, but I declined for now. I am not normally a depressed person, and I want to finish the testing before treating what I think is situational depression rather than biochemical.

JeanneM so glad for you that your dr. Is supporting you and is willing to do the tests nessasary for you to hopefully get some answers that you need. I know it can be frustrating to wait till test results come back and then possibly have more test but hang in there. I too do not like to take a lot of medications for pain becausethey agitate my IBS but sometimes have no choice. Keep me posted enjoyed talking with you. Have a great day.

I have found an ice pack at the base of my skull helps tremendously with migraines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back