Not open for further replies.

jenfitzy

Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
UK
State
Bedfordshire
Has anyone tried Mindfulness therapy, my doctor suggested I look into it and maybe give it a try ?

Has anyone tried Mindfulness therapy, my doctor suggested I look into it and maybe give it a try ?

I'd never heard of that 'til I googled it, lol.

I did try CBT... but because I had no faith in the therapist I only went to a couple of sessions then cancelled it. Maybe with a different therapist it might have been helpful. Who knows?...

It would be interesting to hear how you got on, if you did have a go.... :smile:

I haven't heard of this before now. I will be interested to see how it works for you if you decide to give it a try. What are the projected results that your doctor is hoping for... just an overall reduction in pain, or something specific?

My doctor thinks my pain levels are higher due to my depression, I recently lost my husband and I'm not coping on my own, due to other medical problems most anti depressants can't be given to me. I had ordered a book and will read through before deciding whether to try it or not

I have never head of it but I would be interested in finding out more about it as people post here.

I never heard of the term but I did some research and now I know what it's about. It sounds like meditation and I think it works for the ones that believe in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back