sassy13

Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
US
State
Tennessee
Hi guys,

I was at my rhuematologist yesterday and we were discussing my fatigue. He gave me the name of a dr in the UK that has done research and treatment for CFS. I visited the web site and found the information and studies interesting. Her name is Dr. Sarah Myhill.

After you read it, any thoughts? Has anyone tried her methods

It's been awhile since I read any of her info, but I remember at the time thinking that it made sense. The burn I feel in my muscles when I do anything at all certainly feels like my muscles are being starved of oxygen, which is what the mitochondria supply.

This is really interesting, guys. The mitochondrion (plural mitochondria) is where the food and oxygen mix to create celular energy. The mitochondrion could be linked to a lot human diseases, so it'd not surprise me if it was in any way linked to fibro. Dr. Myhill could be completely right.

I am a firm believer in taking care of your mitochondria. I'm not kidding. Years ago, I was sick, and started to search for answers in books around the house, you know, magazines, health books, etc. I opened up my high school biology book and started to read about the mitochondria, the powerhouse of the cell. I read that it required coenzyme 10 to perform at it's peak (this was an old book). I went out and got foods high in coenzyme 10. I noticed a difference right away. Do you know, that to this day, I still take care of my mitochondria? I believe in eating for the cellular level. This means, doing research into cellular biology, and eating for your cells. I began raw foods, and juice and blend my foods only. I believe in the concept of the mitochondria in regards to cfs, I think when your powerhouse is tired, you are tired.

I have talked to someone who has been working with Dr Myhil and found the tips (mostly dietary changes - Dr Myhil is a strong advocate of the Stone Age Diet) very useful. I have heard of many people whom she helped with little changes.

She has a homepage where she shows the ideal diet for depleted mitochondria, if anyone wants to give it a look.

Link not allowed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the book by Terry Wahls that seems to have similar ideas, I am starting to try what is suggested, it cant hurt

I just ordered a product called mitochondria ignite with NT factor. Has anyone used this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back