Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2011
Country
US
State
TX
Hello All, My name is Chris, I am 54 years old and I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about two years ago and it was just because of being a little fatigued and morning stiffness.

I was doing well but then this past January I hurt my back at work and I have been off work while the W/C doctors decide what I need to get back to being healthy, but they then say insurance will not pay and I just have to
suck it up and deal with the pain".

Well I am now finding out that the back injury has triggered my fibro and now I am getting all the fun things that come along with it.

Very weak and achy, tinder points, really bad headaches, Fibro fog (feels like a head cold and hard to focus, feeling weak and shaky, started grinding my teeth when I sleep.

I feel like I am falling apart and must be going crazy, is it possible to feel all these things

Doctor put me on cyclobenzaprine 10mg and tramadol HCI 50mg and also got 4 shots, 2 in neck tender points, and 2 in shoulder tender points. Felt better 2 hours after shots and headache went a way.
Now I have a slight headache but keep a slight dizzy or motion sickness feeling.

Please tell me if this happens, or am I going mad.....

Chris,
Yes, different medications can cause side effects and it maybe the meds your taking may take time to adjust to, ot the doseage may need to be lowered. When fibro started for me I had a bunch of weird feelings and strange experiences. Mine kind of followed symptoms like MS and it was hard to know how each day was going to be. I was confused and angry and just wanted my life back. While my symptoms may be different from yours, the hardest part is to just accept them and start learning to properly manage each symptom.

You can start that here by reading the different sections and offering your thoughts and advice to others. Ask more questions and vent if the need arises. Post in the off-topic sections as well. Glad your here and let us know if we can help in anyway. We try to be very supportive. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back