Morning pain, stiffness and recovery time

@SBee, Wow, your positive attitude inspires me it really does.🩷 Always in pain but still seeing the positives through it.
That takes some kind of super human strength 💪!! You go girl 👏 👧 😁
Iv had trouble seeing past the pain today.
It's been intense. Just all over the body, no particular part.
But tomorrow is a different day. And hopefully a more mobile, low pain day.🌈🌈🌤🌤
It's very comforting to know I have Fibro warriors at the end of my phone. As like you, I know no one in 'real life' with the same existence as me.🫶💖💪 We got this! 😘😉

Hope you win this fight @JamieMarc
Thank you Sarah.

I have been disabled due to another chronic disease since 2010, so I do get a great deal of assistance for that. And some of that assistance, such as my medical care, is also applicable to my fibromyalgia.

This thing that I'm doing now with copay assistance. I'm grateful that I am getting it for the other condition I have, and I appreciate your support, but I really was trying to drive home my point that not nearly enough research is going on with regard to fibromyalgia, nor is there enough support and assistance for fibromyalgia sufferers. That's one of the reasons why this form is so amazing and helpful. Because there is such a scarcity of resources, at least more than there should be in my opinion. This is a very serious condition, a very serious disease and it's just not talked about enough. I can't tell you how many times I reveal my fibromyalgia to someone and they're like I'm not really sure what that is or I know a friend who has that I'm so sorry, but nobody really seems to know what it is or what it's like living with it unless you have it.

Thank you so much @Surviver 45 that's kind of you to say so.

Obviously I am not all sweetness and light. Mornings ( like so many as we know) that's when I swear at my hands because they just dont work. It's hard to pick a cup up and my energy flags almost as soon as I get up. you didn't see me when I was literally collapsed on the floor crying and feeling unable to cope. some days as you know with a yesterday's day of pain (soft hug for you there) I just almost write the day off, and again like you, hope the next day is better or I am just able to cope better.

But I'm trying hard to adapt to this life, I don't want it ( for any of us ) But I mostly accept this is what it is. I have tried to stop remembering how 2 years ago I could do a walk\jog for two hours a day, followed by a few hours in the garden. Maybe I wasn't listening to my body enough, with so many stresses and was setting myself up for a fall?

I can be quite introspective atm, not necessarily a bad thing. Not so much dwelling as more considering?

I send good wishes for a happier day for you, always be kind to yourself, and to everyone. Because we deserve it. ❤

@JamieMarc I can feel your real frustration from here. I'm new to all this as you know, despite having the symptoms for so long I was only diagnosed in December. But I can honestly say I had no real idea what fibromyalgia was myself. I know of one person who has it who seems to be a able to live an extremely active life every single day. I didn't know what it entails on a daily basis for many of us with little reprieve. It's quite consuming.

So for me personally I am in the early stages of how much\little is really known and researched. Much of my own knowledge has been found by myself online and particularly form this forum. I am yet to delve into now much research is done in the UK but due to the general lack of knowledge from people.around me I suspect in is very little.

And the worse thing for me, is when we at physically weak due to working with seriously debilitating symptoms ( which oft affect our mental health) for me, I know I lack the strength to push for more help and support from professionals at the time I need it most. It's exhausting sometimes.

I don't often bother explaining to some people what it's like moving with fibromyalgia. You try to explain what now chronic fatigue feels and you get the ' oh, yeah I had such a bad nights sleep last night ' so I just don't bother. some good friends try to understand, but mostly I just feel more comfortable on this forum we live it day to day so we are the best people to understand. Doesn't seem in general the medical professions are catching up fast enough.

Wish you well as always my friend 😍

Gradually working my way through threads on here and just came to this one.

I’ve been in a severe flare since February this year though I was improving mid March but over did it. In the last few weeks I’ve had awful muscle spasms and stiffness when I get out of bed (after a night of very disturbed sleep with sweats and burning in my feet etc & vivid dreams). The pain however has diminished but is still constant. Are you saying you are always like this with your fibro or just when you are in a flare? Do you feel you never improve Badger?

@Sueb24
I know your questions were directed at badger, but I wanted to ask you something.

You mentioned some recent sleep symptoms. I am curious have you recently started any new medications, and are you on any antidepressants?

Gradually working my way through threads on here and just came to this one.

I’ve been in a severe flare since February this year though I was improving mid March but over did it. In the last few weeks I’ve had awful muscle spasms and stiffness when I get out of bed (after a night of very disturbed sleep with sweats and burning in my feet etc & vivid dreams). The pain however has diminished but is still constant. Are you saying you are always like this with your fibro or just when you are in a flare? Do you feel you never improve Badger?
Hi Sue, if you think of it as levels, I always have pain and stiff muscles but it varies. Some pains or stiffness across the body are at higher base levels than others. After activity they flare to differing levels with mixed results following rest. It depends on the severity of my injuries and is complicated by deconditioning. eg my neck pain (whiplash) and lower back stiffness is worse than my shoulder pain and stiffness either at base level or flare. The discomfort is constant making pacing difficult within the cycle of deconditioning. It can take until the next day for some pains to calm down, my hamstrings have been bad for days.

I'm sorry to hear that you have had such a long flare, it's very frustrating when pain take months to settle down. It's good to hear that the pain has diminished somewhat at least. It's worth persevering gently and trying to improve sleep patterns as disturbed nights will leave us feeling quite sore the day after.

I echo @JamieMarc very much. Since my official diagnosis about 2-3 years ago, my symptoms are more pronounced but some many go back decades. Now I no longer function well mornings. Too tired and make no appointments for fear of falling asleep driving. I am stiff mornings and night, but loosen up in between. When I awake I stretch a little and take pain meds. Tylenol often, Robaxin (muscle relaxant) and Gabapentin (nerve pain but it stops spasms, too). I often feed my pets, then have coffee and yogurt while lying on a heating pad on the couch as I gradually lose my fatigue. I am bad about exercise but I have had 3 years of knee surgeries in a row. I do accomplish other things but stairs for instance are painful still, or lower back, so I pace myself and get less done. I am a night owl and have to take meds to sleep. I try to get to bed by 1:30am but can fall asleep hours later at times. I am a little like that film Groundhog Day; I just get awake and doing things and then I have to sleep again!

Back