Nothing helps for me except moving slowly into my day, which is what I do most days anyway. Slow movement, stretches, and so on. I try not to just sit or lie down, but to move around even if gently, and usually it gets better.
There are things that we can do to avoid / relieve Fibromyalgia Morning Stiffness:
1. Avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol.
2. Get a better sleep, no watching TV or doing work at night.
3. Soaking in a nice hot bath or taking a hot shower for at least 15 minutes in the morning, this helps to relax your muscles, get your blood circulating, and you are able to move more easily. You can stretch when you get out.
4. Cultivate good sleeping posture: lying on your back or your side. Stomach sleeping causes unnecessary stress on the low back and spine.
5. Daily exercise, even walking while swinging your arms is a great way to release endorphins that makes you feel good.
6. Keep warm, avoid sleeping in the cold, it can stiffen your body.
7. Have a good diet, avoid toxic ingredients: artificial sweeteners, food coloring, high fructose corn syrup, and simple carbohydrates like white flour and white sugar.
8. You can also try morning self massage by gently rubbing your shoulders, neck, arms, back, legs and feet in the morning before getting out of bed.
I agree with almost everything Marie said ... but I need my coffee.
I am best if I get up half an hour early and have my coffee at my computer and slowly get mobile...then I can do some things. By late afternoon I am usually done though, don't do much most evenings either.
But coffee....that is my biggest crutch.
Moving the body (some sort of exercise) is crucial. I am at my worst when I don't, and it's hard to get going some days. Winters suck...blame the weather. Sleep - also crucial...and also hard sometimes. Diet - so important.
Sunkacola, would you please read "Alone with Fibromyalgia" which I posted on February 22, 2018 right after I joined the forum? I have been suffering very much from Fibromyalgia in silence for five years. I can neither explain nor mention about my Fibromyalgia symptoms to those around me, otherwise, I will receive more criticism, more hurt and feel more painful in my heart.
marie, I see. I did not see that post, and since under "Interest" you chose "I am interested in learning more about..." rather than "I have fibromyalgia..." I assumed that you did not have it, since that is what people who don't have it choose. It also seemed you were not talking directly about your own personal experience, since you didn't say "I have done this".
I asked because sometimes someone comes here and starts spouting off all kinds of things and they know nothing of what they are talking about. I understand now you are not one of those. Apologies.
Oh yes, I know the feeling well! I use slow stretching excercizing first thing in the morning helps soooo much. If you can get your public tv station (PBS)there is a stretching show on for seniors every morning called “Sit and Be Fit” . My husband calls it the nursing home show ��! But seriously, if you can do a little stretching in the morning it will be tremendous help.....just push through it .
There's more hypotheses that I could throw out there, but I'll leave you with this; if you vape your herb at a certain temperature, and then set that herb aside for future use (at a higher teperature) then there are a series of effects that you have removed that should no longer have to be considered when vaping the same weed at a future point.