Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2000
Country
US
State
VA
Anybody else find it takes hours to get going in the Morning? Wake up stiff, feel like flu 100 times worse, Naseau. Just ONE morning to wake up half normal.. :(

I get up at least 2 hours before I need to do anything to work out the morning stiffness. I agree. Just one morning I'd like to jump up and go like the old days.

Absolutely! Despite the fact that I have seniority at my job, I've taken the least desirable shift (12:30 pm - 9:00 pm). I awake at 9:00 am and it takes a hot shower, 3 ibuprofen, coffee and gentle stretching just for starters. They could offer me double my salary to switch shifts to an earlier time and I would decline it...hands down. So yes, mornings STINK.

Yes! I find that the medications I've taken seem to exacerbate the tiredness - I feel like a slug in the morning, and aside from the body aches, pains and stiffness, the mind fog seems to take hours to clear up. I get up at 6:00 AM to be at my job by 9:00 AM - and I only have a 15 minutes commute! It would be nice to find a good balance, but am glad that at least I have a job to go to that does't take a toll on me.

I used to love going to work at 12:30, but unfortunately had to leave that job when I got switched to a new phone job I found intolerable for the anxiety it caused. I ended up taking a regular 8 to 5 job, and while I like it so much better, getting to work by 8 has definitely been a challenge. I just have to force myself out of bed no matter how crappy I feel. It has gotten easier. I do a lot of stretching at work and walk on breaks. I have been thinking about taking a heating pad to work, but not sure how that would go over.
My muscles are really bad today! So glad it is Sunday and i dont have to work! But I am grateful for the new job having so much less anxiety. It was worth it.

Mornings are tough that is for sure. Usually takes a good hour or two to be able to function in the morning. Thankfully I work second shift and that does make it easier. Yes it would be great to just wake up and be able to function.

I hate mornings to begin with, add pain, stiffness and fog to the mix and I just want to stay there all day. Today I called in sick and I only had to work 3 hours. I did too much Friday and have been paying for it all weekend! I am fortunate I only have to work 2 days and make my own schedule. Most days I'm ok getting up and going if I jump in the shower first thing to loosen my muscles.

I can sympathize with all of you... unfortunately, most employers do not recognize "fibromyalgia" as a viable reason to be absent from work. It's a shame, because they have no idea how bad it can get. I recently got MRI results confirming degenerative changes in my neck that are pinching the nerves, and I'm supposed to start with steroid injection(s) this week. I'm on short-term disability and just typing on the computer for 5-10 minutes makes my arm ache and feel just awful. I've also asked them to MRI the lumbar spine to see if there are similar problems there, because my left leg feels "heavy", and I have aching in my calve and foot. I work in a huge building, and just walking from the parking lot to my desk seems like such an effort -- it's hard to describe. I have no idea if related to fibro, or spinal issue. Sometimes it's hard to determine if it is fibro or something else. Be well everyone and keep your chins up.

I suffer from very bad chronic fatigue. Mornings are hell for me so I can imagine for those of you in pain how it must be. I am always tired. Recently started the multivitamin Centrum again. Hope it helps.

WOW, thank you everybody. Seems the older I get, the worse mornings are, then the change of seasons... YIKES!

The nausea can be somewhat abated by making sure that you are not dehydrated when you go to bed at night. I find that dehydration can trigger post-nasal drip.

I get up at least 2 hours before I need to do anything to work out the morning stiffness. I agree. Just one morning I'd like to jump up and go like the old days.

This is me as well. I do my best to give myself a good amount of 'extra' time. My favorite thing to do it yoga in the morning. It allows me to get my body and mind moving, without being too jolting.

I've actually have a coffee maker in my room so I have easier access to coffee so I can get going in the morning. Maybe 2 cups of coffee and a hot shower to get the joints loosened up. After that its ibuprofen and more coffee, a light breakfast and I'm out the door.

Ibuprofen can help indeed from time to time, but it's not something to take on a daily basis because it can ruin the liver.

Anybody else find it takes hours to get going in the Morning? Wake up stiff, feel like flu 100 times worse, Naseau. Just ONE morning to wake up half normal.. :(

How many hours does it take you? I wouldn't call mornings hell but they are always the worst part of the day by far. I don't feel functional until 12, and not 'normal' until 2, but even then what I call normal others would still call fatigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back