Mornings are HELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why the mornings feel the worse to you guys, is it like the body takes a long time to restart after sleep?

Yes, mornings are hellacious for me. I suffer from non-military PTSD (due to a rough and chaotic childhood... to put it as mildly as possible without lying), so most of the time, I don't sleep very well because of the nightmares associated with that. Add in too much pain and too many muscle spasms for me to fall asleep (even with 7.5mg Norco, 800mg Ibuprofen, 900mg Neurontin and 10-20mg flexeril among other things), and it is a crap shoot as to whether or not I sleep in the nighttime hours at all. My roommate thinks she is doing me a favor by letting me sleep in, but if I don't get up by a certain time to start trying to move around and take my meds, when I do wake up, it feels like I was tenderized in my sleep. It is very hard for me to get out of bed to begin with. It usually takes 3 alarms, a person and about an hour just to wake me up. And when I say "wake me up," I literally mean, crack my eyes open and not let them close again. After that, it is another two hours to just be able to take a shower and put my clothes on. I wasn't a morning person long before I had fibro, but now there is no such thing as a morning appointment anymore. They simply don't exist for me.

How many hours does it take you? I wouldn't call mornings hell but they are always the worst part of the day by far. I don't feel functional until 12, and not 'normal' until 2, but even then what I call normal others would still call fatigued.

Yes, Hell is a bit extreme I admit, but just like you, I can wake up anywhere between 4AM to 6AM and not able to do ANYTHING till say NOON. Maybe it's the Earth's rotation!

Have you guys tried vitamins or some special exercises to get the body running faster? Or what I am saying doesn't make much sense?

Peninha, my two hours includes gentle stretching and yoga as with the pain there is also incredible stiffness. I've tried several supplements to decrease fatigue. I do seem to get a bit more stamina, but no relief from fatigue. I also make a chia seed pudding for breakfast for energy.

Why do you guys think the mornings are the worse part of the day?

I'm so glad to see I'm not alone. This little bundle of fibro fun has started hitting me this month. I will try herbal tea at bedtime and see if it helps.

I wont make any appointments before noon which is very difficult in our 9-5 world. I have one thing I have to do every other week where I have to be there by 9:30 and if people only knew how tough it is for me to make that meeting on time and half way coherent, they just wouldn't believe it. I feel like I have been up all night with zero sleep even after I have slept for 10 hours. I've been thinking about doing one of those sleep studies too. My daughter says I have sleep apnea bad. The insomnia I had for years scared me to where I do not want to go to bed at night...so after I finally do go to bed (about 1 or 2am), I go to sleep, but it feels fitful and restless. Oh to have one night of sleeping like a baby and getting up feeling refreshed! I watch my grandkids bounce out of bed and I am amazed and jealous!

I watch my 50 year old WIFE jump out of bed and amaze me like a teenager!

I don't have a set time I feel bad it can go from am for a few weeks to pm . Or like today about 11 o'clock I just hurt so bad ,yet I got up at 8 fine

Anybody else find it takes hours to get going in the Morning? Wake up stiff, feel like flu 100 times worse, Naseau. Just ONE morning to wake up half normal.. :(

Yes!
I feel for you so much
I just can't believe I am talking to someone else that actually feels how I feel in the morning and throughout many nights. I purposely do my bet to stay awake as much As possible during the night so it's easier to get up in the morning
I set an alarm twice in the night so I can take meds otherwise I am just not functional. It's not a good thing when u have teenagers and a 3 year old grandson to get up an going in the mornings :-(
I also have wished so many times to only be able to wake up and feel normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back