Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
AU
State
Vic
How do you all do mornings? When you wake up, what do you think? I’m in terrible pain and stiffness plus depression. As with most of us I feel better (at least mentally) as the day goes on but the first three hours and especially the first hour, are dreadful. It’s exhausting facing this every day. I’ve had this hideous illness for 30 years and I’ve used every coping mechanism I can find. I’ve weaned down from a high level of pain relief to minimal and I know there is no benefit in adding more. I’d just end up still in pain but on a lot of meds. It’s so hard. Sorry to whine. Xxxx

Hey lindylil, I understand what you are saying. All too well. I don't wake up feeling very good either, and I struggle all the time with depression. This year, with one disastrous happening after another and the very real threats that we have, I am unable to see the future in anything like an optimistic way and it has been even worse than usual. All you can do is keep going. You know that saying? Winston Churchill: "If you are going through hell, keep going!"

I am very fortunate to have animals who need me, so I have a reason to get up every morning and tend to them. The dogs also get me outside early in the morning and that always helps at least a little bit. I recommend everyone get outside as early in the day as they can. And get out into nature if you can as well.

I use every coping method I know, too. Guess that's all I can do since I cannot stop climate change disaster or make the pandemic or systemic racism go away or fix anything else at all except what is right in my own home. So I tend to focus there, because if I didn't have anything at all that I could fix or make or improve, it would be a lot worse.

I have a reason to get up every morning and tend to them.

This is a great way to face the day. It's important that we have something to look forward to and that we feel needed. Try reading books, the motivational ones. They do help as well as they influence how you approach life. You can do this. Stay strong!

You are both very kind. I have osteo arthritis and polymyalgia as well so you can imagine. I try not to be a misery guys it definitely drives people away. I feel I darent look forward or back. I am very lucky in lots of ways. But this dreadful pain does not let up. Yes I always go
Out early to feed the birds. They wait for me. I’m 63 but I live like a 99 year ol🙁 it’s lovely to meet you all. Lindy cxxxx

Maybe I am lucky but I tend to feel the best in the morning. Unfortunately it continues to worsen throughout the day in a mostly predictable manner. If I wake up and it's a bad pain day from the get go, like today, it's harder. But most days I try to be my most productive in the morning before I start running completely out of steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back