Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
IRL
State
X
Hi everyone, this is something that's bugging me at the moment! I cannot stand the smell of perfume or air freshners! It makes me sick to my stomach, to the point where I need the nearest restroom..., I also get very dizzy. Does anyone else have this issue? I'd appreciate any help/ tips :) Thanks, and take care. X

Lots of things cause me to find the same symptoms like smoke from burning brush or perfume, Some air freshers in public places mostly the floral or lavander scented ones. Cleaning chemicals and office carpeting, even air conditioning in some offices and on airplanes.

The problem is compounded by the fact you never know where it is going to affect you. Might be fine one week then something is changed and wham-o it hits you like a ton of bricks. If your out and about a trick I use is to carry some type of unscented or homemade wet one cloths in a zippy bag. If you suddenly encounter a bad odor get out a wet cloth and hold it over your nose and mouth and breath though it until you can vacate the area. I used this method on airplanes because the air conditioning is filtered through the jet engines and it is sometimes stale air.

At home don't use floral scents or strong cleaners. Try natural things like baking soda and vinegar. Hope this is helpful to you. I know others on site will have some good ideas as well. :)

Thanks so much for the advice, I'll definitely be using that trick! :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back