Muscle pain in my front left side neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricky43

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2021
So I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 1 year ago after struggling with it for about 3 years, well lest get it right still struggling 😴. Anyway my issue right now is constant muscle pain in my front left neck that is just overwhelming every part of my day for the last 2 weeks now has anyone experienced this or going through it because I'm losing my mind here.

Hi tricky, good you're here. Muscle pain yes, but more back than front of neck.
For all local pains I consult youtube with higher success than anywhere else incl. real life physios,
and for front (anterior) neck pain there are loads of videos by good people to try... 👐

How you doing

JayCS​

Yeah it sucks I get that back neck pain to all the way up the back of the scalp kinda annoying pain. I do lots of manual work with my business lots of high reach painting to and its affecting my sternocleidomastoid muscle on the front left of my neck 😞 been watching lots of videos and searching like crazy to try and get some sort of relief from this and when I do its gone for like a week then it's back is this related to my new freind that I have fybermanalga.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tricky,
I also am bothered by my neck hurting and hard to turn my head. Mine is on my right side most days. I have a trusty ice bag, that feels very good when Im dealing with that terrible ache/pain. Today its my ankles , ache , pain weakness. I know it will pass and be somewhere else tomorrow. But we trudge on for another day. One day at a time, I do feel for you , hang in there.

Blitzy, thank you. Yeah, another day, another place. I mean, it's just the consistency of thinking things like I wish for one day it did not hurt, that's what sucks. Also because I have had this neck pain in the front left for so long on and of more on lol it actually starting to get to my head and making me think really stupid things like have I got something wrong with my neck or something growing in it. I do get lightheadedness with the neck stiffness and aching and am just completely wrecked mentally all the time. Been to the dogs health check all good bloods all good so why is my head telling me different is it just what fybermanalga feels like?. I hope you able to put your feet up and get the rest and ice on your ankles to get some sort of relief. (Ps) hiw do you get relief from the neck pain.

Welcome Tricky43
Unfortunately the neck pain never quite leaves me. The pain may lesson for a day or two only to wear me out with pain again. The ice helps a lot I will do it daily when I’m having those kinda days. Since I got dismissed by a few docs as well, I am going to be my own advocate from now on. I have been studying and looking at some docs who are specializing in fibro, and going to call one and get my own appointment. I have questions like everyone and would like a professional answer sometimes. If they need referral I will insist my doctor give me one. Enough sitting about for me 😊, now I have said my peace . Happy moms day to everyone, you are never alone!!

I had this exact thing happen to me off and on over a few months. Then it went away. I went to the doc and they couldn’t find anything functionally wrong. It drove me nuts. I am sorry. Is it still bothering you?

Yes still bothers me daily, see my doc tomorrow I am going to ask about it to be sure . Will let you know. 😊

Hi Sibergirl
Doc said my muscles were knotted in my neck causing my pain there. He wanted me to go to physiotherapy. But I have a tens machine at home and use it . Thankfully it is easing up now. How this happened I have no clue. Another mystery I guess. Hope this finds you well.

Doc said my muscles were knotted in my neck causing my pain there. He wanted me to go to physiotherapy. But I have a tens machine at home and use it . Thankfully it is easing up now. How this happened I have no clue.
In my experience any knotted muscles are best mid-term solved sustainably with physiotherapy. So possibly they will return regularly if you don't get the cause under control, which may be posture.
The TENS machine must I'm thinking have worked A) best case by the electrical currents helping the tissue self-heal by supporting natural body currents or B) (as is usually said) by fogging over the pain (Gate Theory).
A) Some people selling them say that micro currents (microcurrents units) are even better because at a more natural level than TENS currents, but it's a lot more expensive whether buying or appointments.
I listened to a talk on Murphree's drtalks fibro summit Saturday by Dr. Rob Vanbergen "Reduce Your Pain With Micro Currents".
That's how I came to think that maybe a TENS can heal more than is generally said.
If I could tolerate currents, I'd try both and also the electrical brain treatments (e.g. TMS) that are recently being trialled more and more.
B) Electrically fogging over the pain reminds me of the mainstream theory behind applying cortisone: that if you suppress inflammation, the body may get a chance to heal. Generally, I don't find suppression is the right way. But if we do, I think it's best to make sure we additionally support the body as we can. In this case if the TENS is stopping pain signals, then that can enable us to move more normally, get out of relieving postures, which can cause other problems (contributing to apparently moving fibro pain). For me I've found that suppression makes me continue with unhealthy things instead of identifying and preventing or alleviating triggers.

Some people selling them say that micro currents (microcurrents units) are even better because at a more natural level than TENS currents,
a tens machine if setup correctly simply disrupts the pain signal down the nerve from the brain - the process is damage to the muscle etc signal to the brain and return pain signal - it does not heal it just disrupts the return signal., Some tens machines can be switched into a stimulation device and produces current signals that "massage" the muscle similar to a massage .

I have tried my tens machine on my fibromyalgia pain but it seems to have no effect so the pain process appears to be different
In fibromyalgia there is no signal from the affected area just a pain signal from the brain.

a tens machine if setup correctly simply disrupts the pain signal down the nerve from the brain - the process is damage to the muscle etc signal to the brain and return pain signal - it does not heal it just disrupts the return signal., Some tens machines can be switched into a stimulation device and produces current signals that "massage" the muscle similar to a massage .

I have tried my tens machine on my fibromyalgia pain but it seems to have no effect so the pain process appears to be different
In fibromyalgia there is no signal from the affected area just a pain signal from the brain.
I have used a TENS machine quite effectively on some kinds of the pain I have with fibromyalgia. On other pain, or in other parts of my body, it has no effect. So, it can be effective for fibromyalgia pain and, just like everything else, it depends on the individual, the kind of pain, the placement of the pain in the body, and even on the day you do it. Some days it works better for me than others, and it usually works on pain in some places while never helping with pain in other places.
It won't heal anything, but it can help.
A TENS machine does no damage to the muscles or to anything else.

Stretches and a percussion massage gun. 😁

Yes that's what we want, some double bass massage, can't go wrong with the heavy stuff 🤟

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back