Muscle Spasms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Creola17. I havea brand new bottle of magnesium oil spray but I will try Theraworx when I finish that. I'm willing to try anything.

I'm not a homemade cream type of person (wish I was), but who knows. Please go ahead and share your recipe. Even if I never make it, someone else might.

Creola, thanks for that info, as I had not heard of either of those things. I'm going to try the coconut water. It certainly cannot do any harm!
Going to check into the Theraworx.
I personally would be interested in your recipe. I have used arnica lotion to good effect, although it really only works on muscle strain pain. Great for if I overdo it in yardwork or something. Do you put arnica in yours?

Creola, thanks for that info, as I had not heard of either of those things. I'm going to try the coconut water. It certainly cannot do any harm!
Going to check into the Theraworx.
I personally would be interested in your recipe. I have used arnica lotion to good effect, although it really only works on muscle strain pain. Great for if I overdo it in yardwork or something. Do you put arnica in yours?
Yes I use arnica oil. If I wasn't so tired I'd type in the recipe. I'm sorry, I promise I'll put it in here tomorrow. There's about a dozen or so essential oils plus the marrijuana coconut oil. I use Hempz lotion as a base but you can make your own or find a good natural lotion that you like. I'll list the oils and what they do for so you can change customize the cream for what hurts the most. I hope it works. Till tomorrow.

When my mother was alive, she did dialysis and used to get horrible muscle cramps and spasms. They told her to drink pickle juice. It really helped her. Amazon even sells bottles of pickle juice without the pickles. It needs to be dill pickle juice not sweet pickle juice though.

Yes I use arnica oil. If I wasn't so tired I'd type in the recipe. I'm sorry, I promise I'll put it in here tomorrow. There's about a dozen or so essential oils plus the marrijuana coconut oil. I use Hempz lotion as a base but you can make your own or find a good natural lotion that you like. I'll list the oils and what they do for so you can change customize the cream for what hurts the most. I hope it works. Till tomorrow.
OK basic recipe is 1 cup lotion, 1 tsp each oil, and 1/4 cup
infused coconut oil.
These oils have many uses so I'll list why I chose each one. If I'm having a lot of burning pain I'll add extra rose geranium or more anxiety add more lavender, etc.
Frankincense
Anti-inflammatory
Myrrh
Headache
Back pain
Joint pain
Copaiba
Anti-inflammatory
Pain relief
Ginger
Arthritis
Migraines
Rose Geranium
Anti-inflammatory
Burning pain
(B complex helps with burning too)
Lavender
ANXIETY
INSOMNIA
NAUSEA
Vanilla
Anti-inflammatory
Relaxant

If you try any different oils please let me know if they help.
There are some bad essential oils so buy a good brand. I buy 4oz bottles because they last for many months but you should start out small.
A diffuser helps me too.
Hope it helps!

OK basic recipe is 1 cup lotion, 1 tsp each oil, and 1/4 cup
infused coconut oil.
These oils have many uses so I'll list why I chose each one. If I'm having a lot of burning pain I'll add extra rose geranium or more anxiety add more lavender, etc.
Frankincense
Anti-inflammatory
Myrrh
Headache
Back pain
Joint pain
Copaiba
Anti-inflammatory
Pain relief
Ginger
Arthritis
Migraines
Rose Geranium
Anti-inflammatory
Burning pain
(B complex helps with burning too)
Lavender
ANXIETY
INSOMNIA
NAUSEA
Vanilla
Anti-inflammatory
Relaxant

If you try any different oils please let me know if they help.
There are some bad essential oils so buy a good brand. I buy 4oz bottles because they last for many months but you should start out small.
A diffuser helps me too.
Hope it helps!
I forgot the arnica oil!

I'm definitely going to try the pickle juice.

The pain relief lotion sounds incredible but I'm too lazy to make it. :)

I'm definitely going to try the pickle juice.

The pain relief lotion sounds incredible but I'm too lazy to make it. :)
Try arnica cream; you can buy that. but make sure you get it from a reputable source.

I tried pickle juice years ago because I read about it on the internet, and even though I was skeptical I was trying everything at one point. Didn't do a thing for me, but everyone is different. I don't know what would be in it, though, that could help. It is only vinegar and spices.

Reactions: RLG
I have massage oil with arnica. I'll use it more often.

I also wonder what's so special about pickle juice. Maybe electrolytes? I eat probiotic foods like saurkraut and kimchee which I imagine has a similar effect.

Eating fermented foods is very good for your gut microbiome, and keeping your gut happy is very important for overall health but I don't think it does anything specifically for pain. Drinking pickle juice is sort of a folk cure but has no medical basis in truth.

Eating fermented foods is very good for your gut microbiome, and keeping your gut happy is very important for overall health but I don't think it does anything specifically for pain. Drinking pickle juice is sort of a folk cure but has no medical basis in truth.
What's really funny is I thought you were rubbing the pickle juice on your body. Good thing I didn't try it.

I thought you were rubbing the pickle juice on your body. Good thing I didn't try it.
Ha! You made me smile :sneaky: Although, seriously, sometimes I'd be willing to try ANYTHING for some relief lol

When I start cramping a lot, I have to drink more. Having a sensitive bladder I'm trying to drink a big load before 2pm so I have less sleep breaks. :-( And I keep much more liquid in me when I drink soy milk instead of water, my urologist hasn't a clue why.
I do take Magnesium ever so often, even in fairly high dosage, but it never helps the cramps.
My warning about the exercising: I cramp a lot in thighs, calves and back esp. while doing *long stretching or too intense exercises.
But I've found 30 exercises different ones that help without cramps and (try to) do them every day, mostly while doing other things like waiting.
(plus 6 new ones for the hands I've now learnt are usually no problem.)

I've also been having a lot of muscles spasms over the past month or so which makes it harder to do those basic things! Some of the muscle spasms are livable but the ones in my back are debilitating and make it nearly impossible to exercise which is usually my go to solution for everything. I have been taking shorter walks than usual but those are painful and unpleasant at best and I haven't noticed any long term relief from them, only feels like the make things worse lately.

I have also been playing around with magnesium because it "should" help but I am still waiting on feeling the help from it.

Lately the only thing that really gives me relief from the spasms are heat and ice. I mostly use ice since I live in Texas and heat is hard to embrace this time of year but when it's really bad I alternate them and I do find it helpful enough to take the edge off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back