Muscle Spasms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to add that all grains are bad and not because of gluten. All of our wheat is sprayed with poison. You decide. I make Brazilian cheese rolls, baggettes, and loaf bread from different poison free flours. So you can still love bread.
And the milk problem for me was bloating and diarrhea. I know of people who had skin problems from dairy. There are so many wonderful alternatives.
I wish I could cook for you all. I love to garden and cook!

Hi Jemima, do you have a good protein powder, chocolate flavor, you'd recommend? I have never used one. I am wondering if I should try it, only to date I have stuck with bars or shakes.

all grains are bad and not because of gluten. All of our wheat is sprayed with poison.
Anything specific for wheat? Isn't all food sprayed with herbicides? Do you mean glyphosate/Roundup? Isn't that also used for all grains - esp. soy & maize/corn in the US? I was hoping we didn't have it here in Germany, far from it. Soy & corn are also genetically manipulated, along with canola and cotton - at least we don't allow that here.
Otherwise I'd suggest organic grains etc.. Unless you're going for low carb or low lectins, 2 other problems with grains/wheat.
(Then aside of the mild increase in gluten that's been caused by selection, celiac disease, Non-celiac gluten sensitivity, gluten ataxia, further neurological disorders caused by gluten there is 5th plain wheat allergy...)
I hope I'm on the safe side & esp. helping save the environment by only buying organic stuff.

Last edited:
Hi Jemima, do you have a good protein powder, chocolate flavor, you'd recommend? I have never used one. I am wondering if I should try it, only to date I have stuck with bars or shakes.
Hi DenMarPir,

I get Domyos powders from Decathlon, but I don't think their range is available in the US yet. I in terms of what you can get over there, Bulk™ and MyProtein are both established and good value online protein powder retailers, so If perhaps try one of them!

I'm not Jemima :) but thought I would jump in.....I have been told that the most important thing in choosing a protein powder is to make sure the protein source is a good one for you. There's powders made from soy, whey, pleas, and other things. Be sure that you are physically OK with that source, and then get the one that doesn't have sugar added and is the best value for the money. If you get one made from something that your body doesn't process well it won't be of much use to you.

Anything specific for wheat? Isn't all food sprayed with herbicides? Do you mean glyphosate/Roundup? Isn't that also used for all grains - esp. soy & maize/corn in the US? I was hoping we didn't have it here in Germany, far from it. Soy & corn are also genetically manipulated, along with canola and cotton - at least we don't allow that here.
Otherwise I'd suggest organic grains etc.. Unless you're going for low carb or low lectins, 2 other problems with grains/wheat.
(Then aside of the mild increase in gluten that's been caused by selection, celiac disease, Non-celiac gluten sensitivity, gluten ataxia, further neurological disorders caused by gluten there is 5th plain wheat allergy...)
I hope I'm on the safe side & esp. helping save the environment by only buying organic stuff.
Organic is better all around. But it's prohibitively expensive for most people to buy all their food organic.

Additionally, the use of chemicals and genetic modification of plants is so far spread at this point that it's hard for me to believe anything is 100% organic in this country unless grown on a mountain top or something.

I'm not Jemima :) but thought I would jump in.....I have been told that the most important thing in choosing a protein powder is to make sure the protein source is a good one for you. There's powders made from soy, whey, pleas, and other things. Be sure that you are physically OK with that source, and then get the one that doesn't have sugar added and is the best value for the money. If you get one made from something that your body doesn't process well it won't be of much use to you.
Great advice!

I meant to write PEAS, not pleas, of course. I got muscle tested for all of the common ingredients that protein powders are made from in order to know which one was best for me.

(by the way, I normally would think muscle testing was not believable but I have seen it work and it's hard to argue with success.)

I normally would think muscle testing was not believable but I have seen it work and it's hard to argue with success.
I'm also always skeptical, like you. This kinesiology didn't work for me decades ago. I did some bioresonance for fibro all the same. The therapist said she'd improved things, but it's obviously too tough for her methods. But I tend to think of it as a vehicle for a kind of intuition. The therapist was great & nice & honest and she gave me 2-3 ideas I was very thankful for, so worth the time and money.

How much salt are you taking? It is a must have electrolyte. Thermotabs Buffered Salt Supplement is helping me. People with fibromyalgia usually also have adrenal glands problems and for those we also need salt. If the water you are drinking "just goes trough you"- adrenal problems and one more reason to take more salt.

Ice packs used to be the only thing that worked for the lower back pain I used to get, it’s been ok for little while just randomly used to come out of the blue or if I’d been bending too much

Yes leanabeana , I get muscle spasms too, my legs seem to be the worse affected by the fibro + I’ve noticed after swimming my thighs and calves play up too + on occasions I’ve had involuntary finger + hand movements, didn’t like those, reminded me of my Nan when her Parkinson’s started, but I don’t eat meat so I might be deficient in some v + m, but muscle spasms seem to be another side effect of fibro ( like there’s not enough already 🙄) but I just let mine ride out .

RLG, I’ve nicknamed mine fibromystupid, I think it’s suits this annoying thingy thing 🙃

Yes leanabeana , I get muscle spasms too, my legs seem to be the worse affected by the fibro + I’ve noticed after swimming my thighs and calves play up too + on occasions I’ve had involuntary finger + hand movements, didn’t like those, reminded me of my Nan when her Parkinson’s started, but I don’t eat meat so I might be deficient in some v + m, but muscle spasms seem to be another side effect of fibro ( like there’s not enough already 🙄) but I just let mine ride out .
I have found that using a TENS machine helps with muscle spasms in my legs.

Also, if you are not eating meat do make sure that the protein you are eating is complete protein. Otherwise you will not get enough benefit from it. You can look this up online to understand it better. Some things need to be eaten together, in order for maximum protein to be absorbed by the body, and these are called "complementary proteins". If you are only eating one of them at a meal and not the other you will not get all the benefit. Also, make sure you have enough healthy fat in your diet, as that is also very important.

Cool, thatnow sunkacola I’ll do that, i eat eggs ( not really that fussed) but as you say protein is important 💜💛💜

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back