Muscle stiffness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabapentin and pregabalin are artificially made derivatives but work very differently to GABA itself!

Ah my mistake

I'm venturing into dry needling myself and I was wondering whether i could pick your brain. I was wondering whether you noticed any improved immediately or if it took you multiple sessions in order to see an improvement? and how often those sessions were? I'm also kind of confused cos I was reading online that dry needling is done for 20-30 minutes usually but the two different people I've had perform it on me only did it for about five minutes. I don't know whether to try someone else.

Till Affinity returns to share her experience, my thoughts'd be first to ask the ones doing it why not longer or if they are planning on increasing once they are sure you tolerate the short time. I'd think the frequency'd need to be 1-2x/wk and similar to acupuncture you should be noticing improvement after 5 sessions, but I'd ask them that too, because praps the short time and then increasing needs to be taken into account.
Because it's not really acupuncture, but often compared, my experience with acupuncture in short is that "too much" (needles, length, frequency) can be counter-productive and that it's important for the people who do it to be well-trained (in the case of acupuncture best Chinese-trained).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back