Not open for further replies.

fibrogav

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2022
Country
UK
Hi all. The past couple of nights iv been waking up with cramps in my neck. It takes ages to ease and sometimes lasts hours. Now today the right side of my neck is completely stiff and goes all the way down to behind my shoulder blade. Has this happened to any of you?

Things to try:

heating pad, and/or ice packs
neck stretches (gently!)
See a chiropractor
Acupuncture
A different pillow
No pillow at all
A different sleep position
Relaxation techniques once you get in bed and/or before bed

This happens to everyone at times, not just fibro people. Try all of the above and see if anything helps.

I would definitely recommend seeing a chiropractor if the easy things like pillow changes and so on don't help. You may have a misalignment that is pinching a nerve and it can be fixed with an adjustment.

Thanks for the reply. IL give it a try

Reactions: MNP
Hi fibrogav!
Yes! That has just recently happened to me and really freaked me out because these kinds of neck symptoms are new to me.

I am used to cramps and pain and stiffness and other painful symptoms in other parts of my body…but not in my neck.

I think my fibro is now newly affecting my neck…but I am not completely sure because I also have arthritis in my neck. The neurosurgeon that I see said she didn’t know which issue(fibro or arthritis) was causing the new pain…but she recommends physical therapy. I am leery of physical therapy since I cannot even lightly touch certain neck areas right now…but I might just have to try it to see if it helps. This doc said she has other patients with fibro who have been helped with PT.

Massage, gentle stretching and even light touching made mine worse. That is all I tried.

I think mine is slowly getting better without doing anything….not sure yet

Sunkacola listed so many great suggestions to try!!

I’ll let you know if I find anything that works!

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I also have arthritis in my neck. But similar to yourself this symptom is new to me. I have a physio appointment on Monday. Hopefully it will help

Ahhhh….ok…well let me know how it goes!
🙏🏽😊

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I also have arthritis in my neck. But similar to yourself this symptom is new to me. I have a physio appointment on Monday. Hopefully it will help
Any time there is a new symptom it should be checked out by a doctor. If the simple solutions don't give you any relief at all within a couple of weeks or so, make an appointment. With luck, the physiotherapist will be able to help with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back