Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
06/2020
Country
US
State
FL
Does anyone else have real heavy muscles after moving them, ones in my back and shoulders after puttin my hair up! Lasts so long. Last rhum said i may have FM but one out of two tested positive for sgrogens syndrome but since no blood inflammation she wont treat me for an autoimmune, even with positive ana!?! I mainly have heavy weak muscles that got almost stuck it feels for 8mos after bein active when inactive for 2yrs! Hard to get down on toilet, legs are weak and with physical therapy one time, they got heavier! How do u guys get p.t. if muscles R already fatigued?? Maybe walkin is better for us? But since no real diagnosis, how do i know ugh....

P.s. already had mri and emg. All negative

Walking (or hiking if you can) in my opinion is the best exercise of all for folks with FM, unless y ou are a swimmer and that is just as good or some say even better, although I can't say because I don't swim.

If PT is making things worse, don't do it!

Well they tell me ill keep gettin weaker even tho they dont know why im weak and fatigued to begin with! Only way my legs feel stronger is when i stop bending down 2wks snd then they feel light and.normal...

The fact is that if muscles are not used they will get weaker. This is guaranteed. Perhaps this is what is meant by whoever told you that you will get weaker. You have to move as much as you are able to even if it hurts or feels heavy. If bending down doesn't work for you find ways to avoid it, but still do some form of movement or exercise every day. If you don't the only direction to go is down.
If you try different things earnestly you will find a form of exercise, however mild, that you can do and then build on that. If you don't, you will get worse. Sorry to be so blunt, but this is just fact.

I get this everyday,I have to stop sometimes from doing my hair ,or my daughters.I have problems getting up the stairs .
So yes fibromyalgia can do that.
I walk my dog everyday .it kills me. But you have to move.And then I have a hot bath.

I get this everyday,I have to stop sometimes from doing my hair ,or my daughters.I have problems getting up the stairs .
So yes fibromyalgia can do that.
I walk my dog everyday .it kills me. But you have to move.And then I have a hot bath.
I have the same with my arms when trying do my hair and my stairs come the evening I can be crawling up them it kills me.

Well I try to get to bed about 6 to 7 at night and relax .I hurt like hell but by ten my legs feel comfortable.I also find if it’s to bad I take my pain meds ,and that really helps.morning are the worded for being stiff and heavy.so I get up at 6 am to take my meds .And give me a good hour before I need to wake my daughter for Shcool .
Then I walk her and then walk the dog .it’s a balancing act.Rest and exercise find what works for you,it will take time , but stick with it xx hugs

Thx but the heavy legs etc dont really let up much. This is why im afraid for physical therapy 2 keep goin cuz its makin em heavier. I dont have much pain. Do u ever feel not heavy? For 8mo i dont have muscle recovery and noone knows why!!

Thx i do try and dance to music like ive read on here but its the physical therapy that keeps movin my muscles n they get even heavier. She said it couls help or make me worse so im not sure what to do! I dont have much pain so i dont know ...

I think I've just answered this somewhere else, and others too, but just to be sure: Sounds like the PT is not gentle enough. I've done many types, and some ripped me apart, caused spasms, pain and nausea, until I just kept my own pace and made sure the PT isn't forcing me to anything. I need to do less in short stints. Best are PTs that listen to you and your body first and foremost.

But my muscles are always heavy! Do u go to p.t. then? If its fatigued, how will pt help

Hopefullyyours, really the only thing you can do is listen to your own body, and what it is telling you. None of us here can advise you more than we have about what to do, although we are always here to support you and offer sympathy. We cannot tell you if PT will help, or any other thing will help. You have to be your own advocate and your own laboratory and do your own experimenting. If you really dedicate yourself to listening closely to your body and treating it as well as you can with diet and mild exercise and a good mental attitude, you will learn over time what works for you and what does not. Only you can do that. I know this because I have done it, and I had to do it on my own. No one could tell me what would work or how something would affect me; I had to try it and find out. It's hard to do that experimenting, and we will cheer you on, but we can't tell you what is best for you.

Yep, Hopefully, like sunkacola suggests, but from my experience I'd add: Active PT is/was always hard for me, and I never go there in a flare. That was definitely important in my inpatient rheum./fibro clinic, where there was one treatment after another and most active PT caused a flare (but usually there was only one active one per day, on 1-2 occasions I did a bit of aquajogging altho I'd been flared before, but I really hardly moved at all then). But "passive" PT, meaning gentle osteopathy or now acupressure is exactly what I then needed, what helped the flare go down and enabled active more and more... Also the active "PT" I now do is 5 or 10 minutes 1-3 times daily, not 20 minutes or more like when you go to a treatment.

But my flare, heavy muscles like concrete has been 8mos ever since gettin up off floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back