Muscles heavy with movement, no relief

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had problems like what you describe and I found that my right shoulder was going through atrophy because of an undetected brain tumor on the base of my brain stem going into my spinal cord. I was losing muscle control in my shoulder. Now I have fibromyalgia in both shoulders and my neck. As it was suggested get an MRI. It was the only way they found the tumor.

I had problems like what you describe and I found that my right shoulder was going through atrophy because of an undetected brain tumor on the base of my brain stem going into my spinal cord. I was losing muscle control in my shoulder. Now I have fibromyalgia in both shoulders and my neck. As it was suggested get an MRI. It was the only way they found the tumor.
Hi!! I have had mri of brain fine and emg fine.

I am so glad all is well and the results were negative!

That is a total relief! Glad to hear all is well.

That is a total relief! Glad to hear all is well.
But it leaves me w no answers. My fatigue is muscles. Its most of my prob. Just one stretch with my legs leaves them heavier n weaker for days n weeks monthe and noone can help me

But it leaves me w no answers. My fatigue is muscles. Its most of my prob. Just one stretch with my legs leaves them heavier n weaker for days n weeks monthe and noone can help me
What have you tried so far in terms of helping yourself?
Diet changes, exercise, stress reduction, etc.? Depending on others, doctors, tests, to help you is clearly not getting you anywhere, as is the case for many of us. Spending your time trying to answer the why questions isn't going to help you feel better either, since most of them don't have answers at this point and maybe you will never know. But you can do things to help yourself. Tell us what you have been doing for yourself and we will give you ideas and cheer you along.

What have you tried so far in terms of helping yourself?
Diet changes, exercise, stress reduction, etc.? Depending on others, doctors, tests, to help you is clearly not getting you anywhere, as is the case for many of us. Spending your time trying to answer the why questions isn't going to help you feel better either, since most of them don't have answers at this point and maybe you will never know. But you can do things to help yourself. Tell us what you have been doing for yourself and we will give you ideas and cheer you along.
All of what u said. Ill stop postin here.

I’ve noticed many people giving similar responses about sunkacola’s comments

All of what u said. Ill stop postin here.
HopefullyYours, no need to stop posting here, and if we have been of any help to you at all I suggest you stick around. We all try to help each other. My asking you what you are doing was in hopes of getting some detail about it, such as how far you've tried to walk, or what you have tried in diet changes and so on, so that I could make suggestions to you that could be more helpful to you. I don't think you have posted about these things you have tried, or about their results, and I was merely saying that if you did we would be able to offer more detailed assistance to you, which in turn might help you more. It's hard to help another person or make further suggestions if you don't know what they are already doing. Hope this clarifies what I was saying.

Hi Hopefully yours. You sound like me. My journey with fibro has been long and complex and i haven't been on the forum in what seems like forever. You can see i was at one time very active member and a bit like the wise sunkacola had a great understanding of pacing, diet, minimal drugs if any, removing stress and stressful unkind people from your life and being your own best educator of what works for your particular level of illness.

Perhaps you might like me have both fibro and chronic fatigue syndrome or ME. Heavy legs can be part of fibro but do they feel like they are filled with concrete and burrowing into the ground almost so it takes all your strength with the full weight of your body on them to move and put one foot in front of the other and building up more than all but basic essential movements around the house is impossible no matter how hard you try to increase exercise of just gentle walking?

ME has elements of more severe exercise intolerance than most people with just fibro experience, although tbh i think there is a big overlap and that both are umbrella words for a wide range of symptoms and within that each persons symptoms and level of symptoms can be at quite extreme differing levels.

May i politely ask what caused your two years of inactivity...because that's what happened to me and i have never been able to get back to my former level of ability , just a massive decline i fought so hard to stop.

My body reacted severely to 5 years of high personal trauma.

Don't give up....maybe walk 2 minutes every hour...rest in between and see if slowly your heavy legs can regain some strength and become lighter. It's good you have little or no pain which again sounds more like ME than fibro. Pain for me is torture and i haven't come across anyone with fibro who doesn't have pain. GOOD LUCK

Last edited:
Hi Hopefully yours. You sound like me. My journey with fibro has been long and complex and i haven't been on the forum in what seems like forever. You can see i was at one time very active member and a bit like the wise sunkacola had a great understanding of pacing, diet, minimal drugs if any, removing stress and stressful unkind people from your life and being your own best educator of what works for your particular level of illness.

Perhaps you might like me have both fibro and chronic fatigue syndrome or ME. Heavy legs can be part of fibro but do they feel like they are filled with concrete and burrowing into the ground almost so it takes all your strength with the full weight of your body on them to move and put one foot in front of the other and building up more than all but basic essential movements around the house is impossible no matter how hard you try to increase exercise of just gentle walking?

ME has elements of more severe exercise intolerance than most people with just fibro experience, although tbh i think there is a big overlap and that both are umbrella words for a wide range of symptoms and within that each persons symptoms and level of symptoms can be at quite extreme differing levels.

May i politely ask what caused your two years of inactivity...because that's what happened to me and i have never been able to get back to my former level of ability , just a massive decline i fought so hard to stop.

My body reacted severely to 5 years of high personal trauma.

Don't give up....maybe walk 2 minutes every hour...rest in between and see if slowly your heavy legs can regain some strength and become lighter. It's good you have little or no pain which again sounds more like ME than fibro. Pain for me is torture and i haven't come across anyone with fibro who doesn't have pain. GOOD LUCK
Just want to say, good to hear from you Diamond. I was thinking of you the other day and wondering how you are, and if we would ever "see" you again. Welcome back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back