Muscles problem: Once I heard the word 'muscle' I perked up. I have been to so many doctors, orthopedic, pain management, internal and no one knows wh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty1957

Reason
DX CP
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WI
Once I heard the word 'muscle' I perked up. I have been to so many doctors, orthopedic, pain management, internal and no one knows why I lost the use of my right leg. Pain management ordered shot in back and hip (I had no pain there) and medicine she gave me , I was allergic to. Then all 3 times at different orthopedics, said it was right hip. I explained to them my muscles in my right leg (mostly lower and knee) had painful spasms in it so bad I would wake up screaming. I had chronic pain for 4 months with NO help. One doctor looked up Fibro and agreed I had it, but muscles hurt! I did have a knee replacement years ago and think that was another problem (not with operation) but different with left leg when walking. My right foot goes outward and not the same as leg with no knee replacement. Anyway, that is different, I believe. But I do know my muscles in right leg hurt so bad at times worse and just after 10 months can use it a little (with a walker). I dread sitting down blaming the chairs because when I get up I have to stand for a few minutes first (even with my walker) before I can walk at all. Shoulders killing me, can't stand anything even touching my body. Anyone else? I just take Ibuprofen, can't take tyonal. Cannot spell it right either. Also, inside of leg at times feel like it is burning up with fever and then sometimes gets so cold.

Hey Dusty,

Wow, what a lot you've been dealing with. I'm so sorry you've had such a hard time! I guess fibromyalgia could be exacerbating pain from your right leg, or it could be something else wrong entirely, but only a doctor can really figure that out - I hope you find yourself in front of the right person who can truly help very soon! I'd also guess that the touch sensitivity could be a sign that all of that stress is pushing your fibro into over-drive too. You must be so frustrated. I wish you every luck in finding the answers you need.

Hey Dusty,

Wow, what a lot you've been dealing with. I'm so sorry you've had such a hard time! I guess fibromyalgia could be exacerbating pain from your right leg, or it could be something else wrong entirely, but only a doctor can really figure that out - I hope you find yourself in front of the right person who can truly help very soon! I'd also guess that the touch sensitivity could be a sign that all of that stress is pushing your fibro into over-drive too. You must be so frustrated. I wish you every luck in finding the answers you need.
Thank you Jemima

Fibro or no, individual pains like these aren't anything for any doc, they aren't trained for this. Muscles, tendons, fascies, connective tissue:
I'd very much recommend physical therapists like osteopaths, chiropractors, good gentle masseurs or acupressurist, or if doc then praps acupuncture. My acupressurist looks for scar tissue from old injuries amongst other things.
If I understand correctly it's mainly in your right calf. If the knee it's be interesting to know (by feeling while moving?) if it's joint or tendons.
Spasms or cramps and muscles sound like magnesium might help, either as supp (one of 10+ kinds) or topically as cream, quite a few people say Epsom salts bath (magnesium sulphate), altho there is no evidence that magnesium is taken up via the skin.
The amino acid GABA is good for muscle tension, but I'm not quite sure if that's the right thing in this case.
The burning & cold right inside sound like nerve involvement - have you tried a neurologist? (It doesn't jerk I assume?)

This is really excellent advice. I work for an Osteopath & was going to suggest it along with magnesium also. Magnesium cream or oil works wonderfully on muscles.
Thanks!

The amino acid gaba is good because it give you serotonin. My fibro came on after taking asthma inhalers and monkelast, in other words cortisol /adrenal, the opposite of serotonin. How I find it goes up and down according to which I take - serotonin and/or cortisol. I can be feeling reasonable and take just one puff of an asthma inhaler and it gets better or worse. No good telling the doctors, they do not understand, and can only suggest to change inhalers, which is pointless as it makes no difference.

The amino acid gaba is good because it give you serotonin.
:cool: hehe - yup, if we need it... my acupressurist didn't, needed tyrosine; and a colleague did, but with very different positive results to mine ...

Thx - tnfortunately nope - additionally getting a belated allergic reaction to the jab - burning itchy skin - hives, altho hardly visible;
but you too, @wiserlady....

Once I heard the word 'muscle' I perked up. I have been to so many doctors, orthopedic, pain management, internal and no one knows why I lost the use of my right leg. Pain management ordered shot in back and hip (I had no pain there) and medicine she gave me , I was allergic to. Then all 3 times at different orthopedics, said it was right hip. I explained to them my muscles in my right leg (mostly lower and knee) had painful spasms in it so bad I would wake up screaming. I had chronic pain for 4 months with NO help. One doctor looked up Fibro and agreed I had it, but muscles hurt! I did have a knee replacement years ago and think that was another problem (not with operation) but different with left leg when walking. My right foot goes outward and not the same as leg with no knee replacement. Anyway, that is different, I believe. But I do know my muscles in right leg hurt so bad at times worse and just after 10 months can use it a little (with a walker). I dread sitting down blaming the chairs because when I get up I have to stand for a few minutes first (even with my walker) before I can walk at all. Shoulders killing me, can't stand anything even touching my body. Anyone else? I just take Ibuprofen, can't take tyonal. Cannot spell it right either. Also, inside of leg at times feel like it is burning up with fever and then sometimes gets so cold.
I

I had muscle cramps in my upper left leg for years so bad I would scream. One evening I was lucky enough to geta hold of my Dr who was on call. Try magnesium, at least 500 mg 2x a day. It was a miracle for me!

Try magnesium, at least 500 mg 2x a day
Yup, magnesium malate or magnesium (bis)glycinate, something like 300mg net magnesium per day, which would be up to 2500-3000mg of the compound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back