Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2022
Country
US
State
PA
Do you have any music that you can recommend while I’m in the midst of a bad flare now. I had a cup of tea with a friend yesterday which was nice, and now I have brain fog and feel dead to the world. Anything that helps you please share

I had Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd on repeat in my head when it’s quiet, and try binaural beats sometimes… I like most all kinds of music - so anything if y’all want to share would be tops

Sorry I can't help with this,
If I ever listened to music I would tell you what it is. But I am a person who loves (and needs) a very quiet place to be, which is why I live in the country and never a city. I don't own a TV or a radio and never listen to music in my home or in my car. Quiet is sublime to me. Except for when I am in a dance class, music is just noise to me.

What helps me in the way of sound, what lifts my spirit, is birds singing outside my house (especially my favorites), coyotes singing, the sound of the wind or rain, the mating calls of the native birds, and the toads singing when they come out into the rain. Doesn't work if it is a recording, though. :)

Hey Lemon,

It's not music as such, but I found an app a while back called Lumenate, that turns your smartphone's torch into a stroboscopic light therapy tool. You don't need to sign up for membership - there's a couple of free guided sessions with music on the free version, which I find really relaxing and uplifting when I'm in a flare - it helps me forget my body for 10 minutes!

Two great bands, I've been playing a lot of 60's and 70's such as the Rolling Stones and the Doors. For something smoother soul music such as Charles Bradley can be nice to relax with. Agnes Obel has been featured on many soundtracks and gets the hair on the back of your neck standing up with beautiful soulful music. Tool is a fantastic progressive rock band with amazing music and intelligent lyrics. Electronic music can be great to relax with too (if you've had a drink) such as the Chromatics, Depeche Mode and the Drive movie soundtrack

hello lemon, I doubt the type of music I listen to most people would find relaxing but what I find relaxing (not music ) are audiobooks, they make me sleepy (depending on the readers voice) there’s some piano ones on YouTube where the sea is going in and out, it depends what you find relaxing I guess ✨🌟✨

Hi Lemon! I have gone back to my teenage years, playing The Kinks, Jethro Tull, and blues-based rock bands. Wonderfully nostalgic, often clever, quite unlike the "pop" slush around these days. Or anything baroque, especially Mozart, soothing and relaxing. But I've got to be in the right mood for any kind of music. Much of the time I enjoy silence, because FM has made loud, jarring noises like sirens and noisy traffic, painful.

I have gone back to my teenage years, The Kinks, Jethro Tull, and blues-based rock bands. Wonderfully nostalgic, often clever, quite unlike the "pop" slush around these days.
Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd on repeat in my head
Like @Auriel not necessarily relaxing what I listen to, unless it's really bad, praps more "detracting"... at the moment a lot of modern metal jazz prog rock on bandcamp (to reward & put my thanks to the bands in 💰) - still nostalgic and clever and no pop slush, despite being cutting edge... Don't forget there's always been pop slush, and even in mainstream pop today there are good songwriters, under the overslick gleam.
I do love the quoted and also Auriel's taste (shared elsewhere), OTOH "Classical" - Debussy, Satie, Chopin piano stuff or Tchaikovsky for my personal nostalgia I do find relaxing & detracting. But also modern electronic stuff when my energy needs an outlet...
When I feel worst I listen to my own music, sort of "coming home", back to myself - but always surprised where the heck I got those ideas from.

Last edited:
Anyone try the meditation utube videos? There's alot of different ones. Some are supposed to help you fall asleep, some help you to produce dopamine etc. I just found them and they seem helpful.

Anyone try the meditation utube videos?
I tried a lot last year when sleep was worst, but always my own autogenic training was best.
Now having tried yoga nidra ones, these are best for me, they are similar to my autogenics.

I’d never even heard of Agnes obel before @Badger , then a while ago this song kept playing on an advert of a true crime channel +it was really haunting (I thought it was a man and woman singing at first) I ended up googling it , Familiar ,
✨ 🧚🏻‍♂️ ✨

I’d never even heard of Agnes obel before @Badger , then a while ago this song kept playing on an advert of a true crime channel +it was really haunting (I thought it was a man and woman singing at first) I ended up googling it , Familiar ,
✨ 🧚🏻‍♂️ ✨
Yes wonderful song, great effect shifting the pitch of her voice, there's some great tracks on that album, she's very creative.

That sounds nice Sunkacola
💜🧞‍♀️💜

Last edited:
wonderful song, great effect shifting the pitch of her voice, there's some great tracks on that album
Hadn't heard of her either, but read on wikipedia she's a Dane in Berlin and found her on bandcamp, so starting to listen.
Bit too "depressing" for me tho, up to now. (Edit: That was the newest, 3rd, album, Citizen's Glass. Doing better on Aventine.)
But reminds me of the (beautiful) Dinah & The Beautiful Blue by Thomas Feiner & Anywhen
The sort of song you can maybe get hooked on all day ... tremolo strings, deep smooth voice...
May also be a bit sad, but the string chords in between are also so heart uplifting...
(We do need slightly sad songs, to "feel understood", I know, but it always makes me need something uplifting after.)
I also can see why In an interview she says "The Walker Brothers - The Electrician" is a song she wished she'd done - eerie, something for you Auriel?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back