My advice for managing fibromyalgia (especially for newcomers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I am 46 years old and I was diagnosed with Fibro a year ago. My pain is from the age of 20 but no one knew what I had.
I also had good times and bad times. The only thing that helped me was sports and optimism.
Since the pandemic, the pain has worsened. I have back, shoulder, arm, elbow pain, my fingers are always stuck, especially in the morning.
Treatment: 300 mg gabaran 1 * 3 / day and duloxetine in the evening 2 cps. I also take a quarter of Trtico for sleep. I can sleep for 8 hours, but I started to wake up at night with pain. For several days I have had an intercostal stab that kills me. I took paracetamol, 60 mg arcoxia and midocalm, but the pain persists.
I do not know what to do.
If I try to move, the pain is greater the next day.
Any advice is welcome.

God help me.

Hello cdrenscu, Did you read the first post in this thread? Please read all the above suggestions I make, as that is generally considered to be very good advice on ways to manage Fibro. This is the advice you are seeking.

Thank you so much for all of this! It is wonderful of you to share your experiences!

Thank you so much. I have been suffering with chronic pain for over a year. I have all symptoms of this except for one. I did have a doctor who knew nothing about my suffering. So I did hundreds of hours of research. One of the things I noticed is that since I have PTSD and was dealing with this great, something traumatic happened to me, it started worse than ever. I thought I would never walk again or feel good. It made me determined to do my own research, and I did it. God Bless you, I have found another doctor and will continue to do everything to get better.

Thank you Sunacola! I was diagnosed Oct 2019, after years of going to my doctor and just picking my top 3 issues to ask about. I kept getting told everything was fine - all normal stuff going on. I finally got so bad that I didnt sleep more than a couples hours a night, my job as a Realtor was over - I started my career wearing business clothes and high heels and left wearing sweats and no shoes when ever possible, everything hurt and Id get itchy rashes where ever my clothes we the least bit sung. After getting a new dr and finally being diagnosed I refused to take medicine. My doctor wanted to start me off with 3. It wasnt until March 2020 that I came to the realization that I needed to to try something new and agreed to try 1 med. Sleep was most important i was so desperate to sleep. Fast forward to today...I am ready to take another step forward. For me that is incorporating excersize. I need to get stronger, I need to get my brain stronger. The last year for me has been about baby steps. My intention has been to move forward, slow and steady. I've had plenty of set backs along the way but I second your message. Do one thing at a time and do it slowly. These basics are spot on, at least from my experience. I overdo it quite a bit more than I'd like to admit but it's just a reminder that I need to rest, then tweak my plan and try again.
I too will be printing your original post to remind me of the basics...sometimes I loose track of these and need a reminder. Thank you for posting!

Thank you so much Sunkacola. This post is really helpful, and I think that I will try piece by piece what you suggest for diet. I have always eaten healthy, but I haven't had the courage to try what you suggest because I guess it is hard for me to believe that it will make a difference. Seeing your suggestion in writing gives me the hope that maybe it could, and so I think that I will give it a shot. Maybe start with flour? If I start with sugar, would this include honey?

Thank you so much Sunkacola. This post is really helpful, and I think that I will try piece by piece what you suggest for diet. I have always eaten healthy, but I haven't had the courage to try what you suggest because I guess it is hard for me to believe that it will make a difference. Seeing your suggestion in writing gives me the hope that maybe it could, and so I think that I will give it a shot. Maybe start with flour? If I start with sugar, would this include honey?
Good for you! I am delighted that my post is helpful.

I would suggest starting not just with flour but with all things that have gluten in them if you want to try gluten free. Gluten is in wheat, rye, barley, and triticale (which is just wheat and rye together). You have to read all ingredient labels because wheat is in almost everything, even things you wouldn't think would have it. For instance, most people don't know that soy sauce is made of wheat.

As for sugar and honey, honey is actually good for you IF you are using whole, raw, organic honey that comes from your own area of the world. The kind you buy in a supermarket may as well be refined sugar. It has been heated and treated to the point that there's no nutritional value any more.
I only use honey that I get at a farmer's market or roadside stand and it comes direct from the apiary that is within 50 miles of where I live. This kind of honey is good for you and you definitely can eat it, but don't just substitute it for sugar; be sparing in your use. One to three teaspoons a day at most. If you are wanting to try cutting out all sugar to see if that helps, then cut out honey as well. Wait three to four weeks to see how you feel, and then if you wish you can add a small amount of honey daily.

Good for you! I am delighted that my post is helpful.

I would suggest starting not just with flour but with all things that have gluten in them if you want to try gluten free. Gluten is in wheat, rye, barley, and triticale (which is just wheat and rye together). You have to read all ingredient labels because wheat is in almost everything, even things you wouldn't think would have it. For instance, most people don't know that soy sauce is made of wheat.

As for sugar and honey, honey is actually good for you IF you are using whole, raw, organic honey that comes from your own area of the world. The kind you buy in a supermarket may as well be refined sugar. It has been heated and treated to the point that there's no nutritional value any more.
I only use honey that I get at a farmer's market or roadside stand and it comes direct from the apiary that is within 50 miles of where I live. This kind of honey is good for you and you definitely can eat it, but don't just substitute it for sugar; be sparing in your use. One to three teaspoons a day at most. If you are wanting to try cutting out all sugar to see if that helps, then cut out honey as well. Wait three to four weeks to see how you feel, and then if you wish you can add a small amount of honey daily.
Thank you for your inputs here . Amazing to have your advice

Sunkacola~What a beautiful & well-written, ENCOURAGING post! Thank you so much! Much of what you said is how I want to live my life ...even though I have Fibro! We can do this! Thanks again.

hello all,

Please, if you have a topic to discuss other than comments on my original pinned post, start a new thread in the forums and discuss it there rather than here. thanks.

To everyone:

I have deleted several posts on this thread because it was never intended to be a discussion thread, but rather just an advice post.

Thank you, all of you, for your kind words on this post and it is my great wish that it continues to help more people. I am closing it to any further replies, however, as there is a tendency to turn this thread into discussions that would be better addressed in their own threads.

If you have questions on what I have written, or want clarification, or have an issue I am not addressing in this post, please feel free to start your own thread and ask your questions there. All of us are here to try to help each other, and I am only one of several people on this forum who are dedicated to helping others learn to cope with fibromyalgia.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back