Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2016
Country
CA
State
ON
I am not particularly fond of this moment in time, but I am desperate to know if anyone has found any solutions to this problem.

I overheat CONSTANTLY and have the worst time cooling down. Takes me forever. I drip sweat and despite the air conditioning, I often need a fan blowing directly at me for me to feel comfortable. My mom has been around (also has fibro) and I noticed that this is something she suffers through too, but she's just sort of accepted it as part of her everyday. I, on the other hand, NEED to know if there is any end in sight. She made a comment the other night implying princess status because "it must nice to have a husband who follows you around and aims a fan at you wherever you go". I am really not a difficult person, but he's nice like that and genuinely hates it for me, so does his bit to help when he can.

The following day, we decided to head out to a local street fest for a few hours. I was standing, watching something for 15 or so minutes, after a slow walk from the vehicle and knew I was doomed, as the sun was still up (despite the wind/clouds). I felt all my make up drip off me, then my back started dripping and suddenly (disgustingly) my legs were dripping!

Now I am squirming. I am wearing a long skirt and am desperate not to let it make a pool beneath me. I am scrambling to figure out how to do so discreetly and know that there is no good way to leave the area with all of those people around because I cannot be certain I won't be leaving at least a puddle behind which would quite easily be mistaken for a bladder control problem!

I am already hyper conscious of how unwell I look. I don't even recognize myself in the mirror these days. I have the worst time getting out of the house as it is and so, I cannot let this add another reason to the growing list of reasons I avoid leaving the house :( I already feel so isolated and that has been super depressing for me.

Anyone?

Hi. I did a google search for excessive sweating and found this... have a look to see what else they have to say. If you haven't already.
Excessive sweating Mayo Clinic

This Link is not allowed.

"If heavy sweating has no underlying medical cause, it's called primary hyperhidrosis. This type occurs when the nerves responsible for triggering your sweat glands become overactive and call for more perspiration even when it's not needed. Primary hyperhidrosis may be at least partially hereditary."

Do your own web search.

Last edited by a moderator:
"If heavy sweating has no underlying medical cause, it's called primary hyperhidrosis. This type occurs when the nerves responsible for triggering your sweat glands become overactive and call for more perspiration even when it's not needed. Primary hyperhidrosis may be at least partially hereditary."

Do your own web search.

I have read up on it, but as it is linked to the sympathetic nervous system & fibro, I figured there would be others here who could weigh in on the topic w/ lived experiences. Anyone??

Cymbalta, and Lyrica, ? When I was on that "stuff", I sweat terribly. If your on these drugs, talk to your Dr.

I can't even begin to imagine what that must feel like. I am the opposite. Always cold. I take cymbalta and it doesn't make me hot. Good luck with getting answers!

Omg I'm hot all the time.right now we have very humid weather.after 30degress heat ,which we are not used to,and we dont really have air con over here in our houses.because we just do t get the heat.im dieing.
I wake up and even having my morning cuppa I pour sweat.at night I have a fan blowing on me all night long,no women like this, a man might not even worry about it.
Wearing a dress is a no no,unless I wear roll on down my legs.!
Worst still is summer I just want it to end.

It is hot this summer Forgetmenot I agree...I am all hot and sweaty too for weeks now...i know the GB public in general will love it as we don't often get long warm summers but I'm looking forward to Autumn and it being cooler...shame winter is so long and dismal though!

When my son visits he always says our house is cold as even in winter I don't like it very hot indoors...i would rather the ambient temperature was about 65 degrees and put a blanket on me to keep warm.

I've always sweated a bit more than usual but chalked it up to being overweight. But starting sometime last year the sweating went into overdrive. I have even lost some weight since and no improvement. Just like the OP once I start sweating I can't stop and it makes me hate going out in anything less than cool weather. Even then I sweat once I get in the store with the heat on. :-(

Not sure if there is anything you can do to stop it or improve it. I just carry a handkerchief around and try to be as ladylike as possible when using it. :lol:

I am such a mess. It's so extreme. I could tell stories that would make your head spin.
Looks like I need to discuss w/ doctor. :(
Thanks a million for all of the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back