DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
bear with me this is fibro related.
I was on another site before I found this much friendlier one.and I was talking about getting my puppy. Bear in mind I have a two year old so I'm up and about anyway.
And someone else told me out right I shouldn't own a dog.
A few more joined in and I though hold on a min fibro takes everything we got away why shouldn't I have a dog ,I've had them all my life .
His now 11 months old and get two walks aday if it wasn't for him some days I wouldn't walk at all.he also protects me when he hears anyone near the house.
Don't let anyone tell you what u can and can't do .what next don't have kids.
What ever it is u want to have or do ,if you can cope with it go for it.

Corvid

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
US
State
Dogs are the best! I'm so glad you have a furry friend.

Loftpat

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
ME
No dog, but my cats bring me joy and calm when days are difficult. Petting them helps me center myself for natural pain relief. Walking your dogs is a great way to get the exercise that is important with fibro.

moe1959

Very helpful member
Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
Yep, get a lapdog if you can. Do research on what best fits your life style.

Lainee

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
I love my dog but I feel sorry for her I the winter when I can't walk her because of the cold. But I let her out and love her to death she could have a much harder life.

Forgetmenot

Legendary member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
Laine ,a lot of of ppl who can walk don't walk there dogs at all. So try not to beat yourself up ,if I didn't have jake I wouldn't go out at all. So for me even though today the last thing I wanna do is go out he won't let me forget it till I do lol. And I no il feel better for it.now my OH mum. Has a Staffie who never gets a walk there to old to walk her to me that's madness and very unfair on the dog.yes they have a very big garden but she is only six and sits around all day.u didn't ask for this illness and I bet in the nice weather she goes out.x

Status
Not open for further replies.