MizzDeeDee

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
01/2009
Country
US
State
Va
I think this is a common problem with fibro sufferers. I'm talking about where the outside of the legs connect to the hips. I was laying on my side in bed last night, and I felt like something was stuck underneath my hip/leg and the bed. Much like if I had the covers bunched up under my hip and leg. It was pretty uncomfortable.

I'm looking for advice on how to deal with that. Baths are one of the big things I do for relief, but I don't know if this will help. I also thought about rubs, like Ben Gay or Icy/Hot, but I would like to avoid that if I can.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what works for them?

I have the same issue with my hips I personally sleep more on back with a pillow under hip. So like at a 30degree. The problem I have is every time I move I wake up to replace pillow to other hip so no real sleep but I'm more comfortable lol I haven't tried it but was suggested to me to getting a fiber mattress. It might help.

My hips hurt every day. When I stand it feels like they will crumble to pieces and my torso will fall to the floor! I have the same problem in bed, they feel like they will crush.
The Lyrica helps some, and the pain pills I have really help, but I can only take 1 per day.

I find it really hard to sleep too!

My kids just got me a heated mattress pad...it is an absolute god send...

Have you tried adding Epsom salt to your bath water? I soak my feet in Epsom salt and water, and it's really calming! I've read that the benefits include relaxing the nervous system, curing skin problems, soothing back pain and aching limbs, easing muscle strain, healing cuts, treating cold and congestion, and drawing toxins from the body. Studies show that Epsom salt can help regulate electrolytes in your body, ensuring proper functioning of the muscles, nerves and enzymes. I get a lavendar-smelling Epsom salt, which helps me fall and stay asleep.

Just a thought! I hope you find some relief!

I feel your pain! I too have one hip worse than the other, and some days it's just so painful. I use pillows to prop up my bad hip so it doesn't sit lower than my waist. And I always put one, maybe two pillows between my knees when I'm on my side.
Some days I think I look like that chubby tire guy- Michelin Man with all my pillows stuffed around me!
And yes- most important I take a pain pill at bedtime. No way could I sleep otherwise.
Wish you luck and less pain!

My memory foam mattress pad helped a lot.

I agree, my memory foam mattress with cool gel has been wonderful on my body. It is much easier to get comfortable on it than traditional mattresses, and I prefer doing my light yoga and stretches on it. It is firm enough to keep your body in good posture, and has enough give in the areas you need it, like hips.

I get hip pain at the bottom of my spine on my back, not so much on my sides. Hot baths are the best, followed by stretching when I'm still hot.

I have hip pain every day, some days more than others... many times it is worse when I lay or sit... standing seems to make it better for whatever reason. I get the pressure point type pain when I lay on my sides, get it in my knees a well. I take tramadol 3 - 4 times a day and it will help some but nothing seems to get rid of it.

I take amytripeline (sp) at night to help me sleep. Sleep seems to be my only escape from the aches I have.... can't sleep forever though.

Like others I find that sleeping on my back is my best way to mitigate the pain. Wish I had a better answer for you.

My hips hurt like the dickens, too. Each and every day. It's more like aching soreness if I even touch there the slightest - the hip and outside upper thigh. It's one of my worst spots. I too have trouble in lying and sleeping in bed. I have an air mattress and heated blanket. Neither help with that. Just comfortable and keep me warm in the winter. I am liking the idea of the heated mattress pad mentioned above. I am eager to read more suggestions. The worst part is I can't sleep on my back and on my side, where I normally sleep, my hip hurts touching the bed and my legs hurt if they even touch each other in the slightest. I must look like I'm running lying down. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back