Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
US
State
MO
I am a 37 yr SAHM of 4 kids and have suffered fibro symptoms for the last 1 1/2yrs. I was lucky and had a Dr who recognized the symptoms I described and diagnosed me early on. I currently take 3 prescriptions although I am not sure why, because they don't help. I also have Non-alcoholic stenohepatitis (N.A.S.H) and stage 4 osteoarthritis in both knees (knee replacement scheduled for right then left will be done 6 months to a year afterwards.) I am currently bedridden for 23 hrs a day because of the fibro and knee pain and exhaustion. I feel horrible for relying on my 18 yr old and 8 yr old to take care of their younger sister. I just want a cure or at the very least something that actually helps with the symptoms that keep me in bed. :( sorry I think I just made the most depressing post ever.

Jmes4kids,

when you say the meds aren't working to the doctor what does he say?

i want you to ready my post under general discussions called starting a daily log book and why it helps.
that will help you get the drugs you need. read the med guides that come with the meds. learn what they do and what to expect from them.

you can do tapping to reduce your pain levels. you are counting on the kids now, but they are strong like you taught them to be.

when you are over the surgery you will be up and around. try to work the legs and build the muscles. you dont want to lose those muscles as you will need them in the future. you can do this! we are going to help you as much as we can. venting and answering the posts here will get your mind off the pain. welcome and we are here to support you. please read the post i told you about. then friend forgetmenot and myself. then you can private message both of us as you need the support.

you did a good job with the kids and it shows. you should be proud. i was on my own when i was 12 years old due to my moms health and teaching.
use the chair to get out of bed and teach them kids. they need what you can teach them to make it through life.

you can do this! you have the spirit, we can tell by what you said.

if you need help please ask us really.

Welcome , here I hope u can find love and support .i have four children .now as cemetryme has said get outta bed and sit in a chair .at lest kids will see u more.just because u can't move doesn't mean u can't talk.
I'm a firm beilive that once you stop moving you stiffen up so bad u don't wanna move.
I've had knee ops on both knees ,I really do understand your pain.and we know just how hard it is to get through the day. So when we stay get out in a chair ,we are not saying it lightly ,we no it will feel like crap and u will hurt. But Im Sure the kids would love u just to even watch the TV with them.
Pls don't take it as us having a go were not.i promise .and I'm sure it would cheer u up a little to .sending gentle hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back