DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
Phl
State
Antipolo
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie here and I would like to ask everyone if all the physical symptoms I have are common with Fibromyalgia:

Feel tired all the time
Shortness of breath
Leg cramping
Left side of face feel thick or a bit numb
Left neck feels really tight like almost cramping
left abdomen dull pain
lower part of both ribcage are in pain
worst is my back - almost entire back is in pain but worst in the right side cramp like that never goes away, I feel it all the time

It also seems like it's getting worse and more frequent now, I used to have "good days" when pain is manageable but I now have it daily.

Help please.

:) Good morning. My name is Andrea (andeepo) and I live in Sweden. Have you been diagnosed with a primary or secondary Fibromyalgia. Every case is different, however it is important that an underying disease process isn´t being mistaken for fibro or overlooked because of your fibro diagnosis. I do not experience numbness from my fibromyalgia but rather my degenerative disc disease which affects my CNS. Have you had an MRI? What medications do you take? Andee

Have you reported any of these symptoms to a doctor?

Yes, I have seen a doctor and that is when I got diagnosed with FM last June 2016.

:) Good morning. My name is Andrea (andeepo) and I live in Sweden. Have you been diagnosed with a primary or secondary Fibromyalgia. Every case is different, however it is important that an underying disease process isn´t being mistaken for fibro or overlooked because of your fibro diagnosis. I do not experience numbness from my fibromyalgia but rather my degenerative disc disease which affects my CNS. Have you had an MRI? What medications do you take? Andee

Hi Andrea - first of all thanks for the reply, and I want you to know that my daughter's name is also Andrea so that's nice. :)

I am from the Philippines and I have been diagnosed with FM but the doctor didn't say anything about primary or secondary.

I've had an MRI on my neck as it is the one that is painful all the time and all they saw are bone spurs which according to them are just normal - other than that, there are no other findings.

Medications that have been prescribed are the usual anti-inflammatory drugs and nothing else.

Prescribing only anti-inflammatories is criminal. How does your doctor expect you to deal with pain ?!?

It makes me angry when I hear similar stories, and sadly they are far more common than thosewho are lucky enough to have a decent doctor.
By the way, what is 'primary' as opposed to 'secondary' fibro ?

Prescribing only anti-inflammatories is criminal. How does your doctor expect you to deal with pain ?!?

It makes me angry when I hear similar stories, and sadly they are far more common than thosewho are lucky enough to have a decent doctor.
By the way, what is 'primary' as opposed to 'secondary' fibro ?

Primary is when you develop Fibromyalgia without having a previous diagnosis of CPS (chronic pain syndrome) or are a chronic pain patient for another disease. For example, I have degenerative disc disease and systemic reactive arthritis and permanent nerve damage. The stress of chronic pain opened the pathway for fibromyalgia to develop.
Btw, Anti-inflammatory drugs are not used to treat fibromyalgia. That is, in Sweden where I am. I never heard of that.

You should talk to your doctor about medication. You should definetely give fibromyalgia medication a go. The medications (lyrica, cymbalta etc.) work for many patients, so your doctor should start with those. Strange that she did not, especially after diagnosing you with fibro.

Sadly, quite often, you have to demand from doctors. We go in there, expecting the doctor to know everything incl. everything we described, but I also find being one's own doctor - to a certain degree- and doing a lot of research is key. Keep a pain journal, educate yourself on fibro and always talk to your doctor about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back