Not open for further replies.

GRC109A

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2021
Country
US
My favorite hobby has to be Amateur Radio (AKA "Ham Radio).
I've been a Ham operator for several decades.
Ham Radio is a multifaceted hobby - allowing me to be as technical, social, outdoorsy, emergency 'prep' or reclusive as I feel like at the time.
Don't feel like a voice chat? I'll use Morse code and key, or, text via computer/keyboard and radio transceiver.
Bored in a hotel room (or lockdown)? I might stick a bit of wire out the window and see what I can raise up on a small transceiver.
Too tired to chat? I may just give the Amateur bands a listen, or see what the local emergency services/public safety are doing, by way of my scanner.
Want some company or something to listen to during my early morning exercise walk? I'll bring a small handheld transceiver along.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite hobby has to be Amateur Radio (AKA "Ham Radio).
I've been a Ham operator for several decades.
Ham Radio is a multifaceted hobby - allowing me to be as technical, social, outdoorsy, emergency 'prep' or reclusive as I feel like at the time.
Don't feel like a voice chat? I'll use Morse code and key, or, text via computer/keyboard and radio transceiver.
Bored in a hotel room (or lockdown)? I might stick a bit of wire out the window and see what I can raise up on a small transceiver.
Too tired to chat? I may just give the Amateur bands a listen, or see what the local emergency services/public safety are doing, by way of my scanner.
Want some company or something to listen to during my early morning exercise walk? I'll bring a small handheld transceiver along.
That's a very cool hobby!

My other hobby (although I've been slacking lately) is amateur photography.
I use a basic Canon digital camera that allows me to download my pictures to any computer (or to email them).
The cameras in many smartphones are getting better, so this is a way to get started.
One of my favorite things to do is to pick a theme (funny, ironic, bizarre, animals...etc), go for my AM exercise walk, and shoot photos that match the theme..... At other times, I'll just pick random subjects.

Photography may be another great way to get one's brain out of the same groove, see things differently, and to pause and relax.

Can we see some of them one day?please? I like it when people post pictures (I like the pet ones and the flowers members have posted so far) it’s cool you’ve hobbies that fibro isn’t so much affected by 👍🏻😁👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back