Not open for further replies.

jcairns82

Diagnosis
02/1993
Country
CA
State
Canada
Maybe it's just me, but the Fall weather has started to turn me into a zombie. I'm waking up exhausted, can't go back to sleep, and so I'm irritable an sleepy all morning. I finally have been able to get to bed in the early afternoon for half an hour or so and then I feel much better.

Not sure if I can keep up with this much more though, as it's starting to really get on my nerves.

I'm so sorry that you've been so tired! :( There actually is something out about people having seasonal depression during the winter. Now, I'm not saying that you are depressed, only that if the fall and winter can affect cognitive abilities, that I would assume it could effect the physical health of the body as well. Plus, you have less outdoor time, less sun, and the weather is colder. Cold weather in itself can take it out of someone.

I hope you are able to overcome this soon. It would get on my nerves too!

Have you been able to figure out a cause for this? Is it a flair up? Are there other things going on in your life that are perhaps causing you stress? With Fibromyalgia stress can cause even more problems than in people without the condition. What things have you tried so far, if any, to help you sleep?

I hope this improves for you really fast! I remember in my first couple of years of the condition that I would often have sleepless nights for a month or so on end and it was horrible!

Sorry to hear you're going tru this. It seems I also wake up feeling more tired during autumn and winter :( Does this happen to you every year, or this just started recently? When it comes to fatigue... I've no advices to give, since I'm in the same situation as yourself :( I tried following a friend's advice once, she told me I should drink coffee in the morning...BIG mistake! I didn't really feel a big difference... and the caffeine made me feel a bit jumpy!

I find that I am more tired in the fall. I think it has to do with the time change and then how it gets dark earlier and such. I mean, that is why I feel more fatigued in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back