BrianWolfe

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Mal
State
Penang
Hi!

In case you haven't read this article yet; it's a short but highly informative article on 3 types of natural herbs fibromyalgia sufferers could take to help alleviate the pain or discomfort.

Natural Herbs For Fibromyalgia | LIVESTRONG.COM

It is of course imperative that you checking with your doctor first before attempting to use any of the herbs mentioned in the article above.

My friend has started using the cayenne pepper and olive oil mixture to rub on affected areas of her body and she says she feels less discomfort nowadays.

I'm new here so don't know if this has already been discussed... but my wellness doctor and chiropractor both told me to start trying Tumeric. My husband also just started it for his Gout.

My doctor says he has had other FM patients that had great result from taking it. I have been taking it for a couple days.. I'm in the middle of a flare and so far not really seeing any difference but going to give it some time.

It seems to have stopped my husband's Gout flare up ... so that is encouraging! Hoping it will help me as well!

I have used Ginger root capsules for the pain in my muscles. It has helped along with my regular medication of Neurontin. I have heard of using the Tumeric, but have not tried it yet. It is said that tea made from red clover blooms helps with the deep rooted pain of cancer, so if that is the case it most likely would help with the pain of fibro.

Home medicatons whether they be herbal or simple things we have discovered that work, are all important in the dealing and healing methods needed for fibro. Like taking a bath using warm (not hot), water with a cup of epson salts dissolved in the water can do wonders for stiff tense aching muscles. Also gentle massage or using a full-length vibrating mat that massages you from the neck down with roller action and warmth in areas that need it.

Purchasing a feather filled or fiber mattress pad to lay on your bed on top of your regular mattress can help provide a more restful sleep, as you are cradled in comfort on a soft pillow, that feels like floating on a cloud.

Some folks say that simple exercise or swimming in a pool helps. Others use heating pads or ice bags. The list grows as more folks share what works for them. Often times we do things that help us from habit and don't realize how a simple little tip can help someone else who may of never thought of that idea. So if your new here or been around a while please share anything that you have found helps with the symptoms of fibro and CFS/Pain, and the other health related issues. Hope your day is going well! :)

I haven't tried taking it as a supplement, but I've started eating foods with a lot of ginger, garlic, turmeric and peppers. Seems to help. Or, at the very least I have what we call "a happy tummy" which improves my mood!

Indian cooking especially dishes rich in turmeric, ginger, pepper, garlic and onions can also help. These are thought to be naturally anti-inflammatory foods and turmeric especially helps to reduce swelling and pain.

In Asia where I grew up, we used to rub sliced ginger root with some turmeric powder on our ant bites and mosquito bites (these were very common in the tropics in Southeast Asia). After a couple of hours the itching and swelling would subside. After a couple of days no trace of the bites would remain. As natural anti-inflammatory herbs, turmeric and ginger are among those at the top of the list.

I went to buy turmeric and was SHOCKED at the price. SHOCKED I tell you! It was something crazy like $20 a bottle? You can buy those gel-caps and pack your own for something like $5-$10.

Or, you know, just cook with it. We've been eating a lot of Indian-inspired food lately with turmeric, ginger, peppers, etc. All anti-inflammatory.

I did the same SB... I can buy a huuuuge tub of turmeric for like three bucks but 20 pill is a friggin fortune. I now put at least half a teaspoon in every meal I make. I cooked a lot with it anyway so it's all good.
Can't say I've noticed any difference in me for the extra yet though.

I did the same SB... I can buy a huuuuge tub of turmeric for like three bucks but 20 pill is a friggin fortune. I now put at least half a teaspoon in every meal I make. I cooked a lot with it anyway so it's all good.
Can't say I've noticed any difference in me for the extra yet though.

Ah, I was going to ask how turmeric would be administered, but I think this is my answer... you just sprinkle it into food you'll already be eating? Are there other ways like... well, probably not tea :lol: but any other ways to get an amount that may be beneficial?

Also, does anyone know if this is specific for Fibro pain, or any chronic pain no matter what the root cause may be?

I have been using tumeric and ginger in tea twice a day with honey. I didn't notice results right off when I started it, but now that I have been doing this for several months I do notice that when I stop for a few days I have more trouble. I was recommend to start this to help with joint pain and over all I believe it has given me as much relief as anything I had ever tried over the counter! I am not sure if anyone else uses this or not but I also take organic apple cider vinegar every day. I don't believe it fends off any of the pain of fibro but it has absolutely helped me from getting sick with allergies and colds and things which always seems to land me in more pain and makes me very tired.

I was told by my Acupuncturist to start taking Zyflamend which contains turmeric and apple cider vinegar. Will see how it goes.

Wow, I happen to have a whole meadow out back with red clover, so I am definitely going to go out in the morning, and pick clover blossoms, and try the tea. Any ideas on the making of it ? How many blossoms for a cup of tea, and how long do you steep it ? I do have turmeric, so I can start adding that to food when I am making something.
I usually try to have a fresh pineapple for when I am having a bad day, as that is also very anti-inflammatory, and then I just slice it up, and that is what I eat that day, and by the next day, I am usually moving better .

Sounds like a fun thing to experiment with, Happyflowerlady! I didn't realize the pineapple connection... I'd only
ever heard that things like melon make issues like arthritis worse, so I probably would have put pineapple in that
same category and not tried it. Thank you for the eye-opener!

I'm new here so don't know if this has already been discussed... but my wellness doctor and chiropractor both told me to start trying Tumeric. My husband also just started it for his Gout.

My doctor says he has had other FM patients that had great result from taking it. I have been taking it for a couple days.. I'm in the middle of a flare and so far not really seeing any difference but going to give it some time.

It seems to have stopped my husband's Gout flare up ... so that is encouraging! Hoping it will help me as well!

How does turmeric work? Does it actually block pain or does it just make you less likely to notice it? If it actually kills pain, what medications might it interact with?

I ask because I see it in kitchen cabinets all over the place, but rarely see people using it while cooking. I assume eating the freshly cut herb is more affective than the bottled, dried turmeric sold in grocery stores but if there is really no difference, most people could just lace all of their food with it!

Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory.

I have a new herb that I am now trying, it is called Fenugreek, and it is also an anti-inflammatory. I got some from ebay, and have been sprouting it, and then using the sprouts on my salads, or just nibbling some of it, and it is DELICIOUS ! ! I have been doing this in conjunction with a mostly raw food diet for the last week, and the swelling and stiffness are much better. it took a couple of days for me to feel the difference, but after about the third day, I was moving a whole lot better.
My heart had been in heavy congestion also, and I could barely walk or breathe when I started doing it, but I was so miserable, I knew I had to do something drastic !
I made pineapple-carrot juice in the blender, ate fresh cherries; and salads with just a little tuna and lots of romaine and fenugreek sprouts for my main meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back