Not open for further replies.

Siderea

Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
ND
I have an appointment to see the doctor.

I understand that he is famous for helping people with fibromyalgia find nearly total relief from their symptoms, but he puts you on a strict diet and herb plan that you cannot stray from in order to stay well. Symptoms come back if you stray from his plan.

My understanding is that he claims fibromyalgia is the body's inability to clean toxins out of the muscles. He does all sorts of techniques like an infrared sauna, massage, acupuncture, and other natural adjustments to help release all the toxins, and can tell what organs aren't working correctly by poking around on your stomach and then works to correct those organs. Then the strict diet, herbs, and exercise plan follows.

I'm flying out to see him (mostly because my parents live in the area,) but also because of a really strong testimonial from my parent's friend who found extreme relief from fibro from this doctor.

What do you make of all this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Siderea,
We are happy that your going off to see a new doctor. Please feel free to let us know how you make out after the doctor visit. Share the experience with us, on if you liked the doctor and if you felt he helped you. I am sorry but the forum does not allow advertising links.

Wish you the best of luck in seeing this fibro doctor. :)

Ahh, sorry about that. I didn't realize I couldn't link to it. I will let everyone know once I'm back.

Hi Siderea.....I am so excited for you. Please share your knowledge. I am sitting here typing this while looking at a pain pill on my desk. My neck hurts so bad today and it's causing me to have a migraine. I need to take this pill, but am sick of pumping my body with medicines. I would love to hear what your doctor has to say.

God's blessings to all....

Hi there good luck with the dr. I hope all goes well for you. I think the more holistic approach you can take the better off you are.

Glad for you, Siderea! I'd love to have a doctor like that in this area; a trustworthy one. I personally like this alternative medicine approach more and more, since I'm trying to cut on my meds (too many side effects) so finding a doctor who can treat you by just giving you herbs, changing your diet and making you exercise is a great think! I'd jump right in without even thinking it! Plus I really believe in acupuncture!

Hi everyone. I'm new here but not to Fibro.

I also traveled to see a naturopath. He is also a medical doctor who specializes in thyroid medicine. I drove ( heh, was driven) 5 hrs. into another state to see him. It was a huge deal for me because of pain and fatigue I don't travel very well.

Anyway, Sideria, he told me the same thing about toxins. He did not even utter the word "Fibro". He said three things are causing my condition:
hypothyroid, in spite of normalish tests, candida and the resultant extreme food allergies I have developed and worst all the mercury, other metals and old root canals from a lifetime of dental work due to genetics.

I believe him. After 18 long years of researching everyday for hours myself, I decided earlier this year that Fibro is a name for a group of symptoms, and in that sense it is a symptom, itself. In my case, it a symptom of extreme toxicity As I aged my body was less able to rid itself
of toxins and at some point, the poison overload crashed the endocrine system e. g. hypothalamus and thyroid.
I had been wondering about it for a long time. Wondering why so many neurotransmitters were affected and causing so much havoc in so many areas. So it makes sense to me.
I'm rooting for everyone to look deeply into their genetic history as well as all aspects of their lifestyle and diet to get closer to the roots of this condition. I say this because I am quite upset that when I got the diagnosis and also subsequent 'treatments' from various medical practitioners, I was consistently sent home with a poor prognosis and some band aids. I have spent many years being housebound and fairly hopeless as things got worse.

"You're going to be in pain for the rest of your life. Here's some Lyrica. Be a good girl and take it."

This should not be enough for any one of us. Never give up. Keep searching. Stay proactive.
Big hugs to everyone.

Interesting. No comment?

And thanks for the welcome.

:p

Hi everyone. I'm new here but not to Fibro.

I also traveled to see a naturopath. He is also a medical doctor who specializes in thyroid medicine. I drove ( heh, was driven) 5 hrs. into another state to see him. It was a huge deal for me because of pain and fatigue I don't travel very well.

Anyway, Sideria, he told me the same thing about toxins. He did not even utter the word "Fibro". He said three things are causing my condition:
hypothyroid, in spite of normalish tests, candida and the resultant extreme food allergies I have developed and worst all the mercury, other metals and old root canals from a lifetime of dental work due to genetics.

I believe him. After 18 long years of researching everyday for hours myself, I decided earlier this year that Fibro is a name for a group of symptoms, and in that sense it is a symptom, itself. In my case, it a symptom of extreme toxicity As I aged my body was less able to rid itself
of toxins and at some point, the poison overload crashed the endocrine system e. g. hypothalamus and thyroid.
I had been wondering about it for a long time. Wondering why so many neurotransmitters were affected and causing so much havoc in so many areas. So it makes sense to me.
I'm rooting for everyone to look deeply into their genetic history as well as all aspects of their lifestyle and diet to get closer to the roots of this condition. I say this because I am quite upset that when I got the diagnosis and also subsequent 'treatments' from various medical practitioners, I was consistently sent home with a poor prognosis and some band aids. I have spent many years being housebound and fairly hopeless as things got worse.

"You're going to be in pain for the rest of your life. Here's some Lyrica. Be a good girl and take it."

This should not be enough for any one of us. Never give up. Keep searching. Stay proactive.
Big hugs to everyone.

Hi kaliopea,
You may well be right about the toxins. "Detoxify" is certainly the latest buzz word in health magazines. I also believe that the regular meds prescribed by traditional doctors may just be adding to the toxification. I know that what we eat can make things better or worse, depending on what it is. But that can be true of a lot of illnesses.

The problem is there are lots of theories out there but not enough research is being done to get to the bottom of it.

See my other post entitled 'why are we still in the dark' I feel a rant coming on and I don't want to do it someone else's thread.

Thanks

Hi... This is interesting and I do hope you'll come and tell us what you learned and what kind of relief you were given. I see you wrote this in November, so I can assume that you already had that appointment and know if that doctor's methods have offered relief or not.

I would truly be careful with anything that claims "nearly total relief" though. If there would be such a miracle cure, it would be all over the medical journals and someone would be very rich... I haven't seen it in the journals yet.

Another concern would be whether or not this doctor's "strict diet" has proper nutrients for good health, so I'd like to hear more specifics about that, too.

That said, here's hoping that it was successful for you... tell us, tell us! :lol:

Anything to take the pain away, I usually say one should try any treatment if it works, and even if it fails, at least you tried it out. If that doctor was in my country I would have tried him long time ago because nothing compares to the nightmare of not being able sleep because of pain.

I would just suggest to see your parents friends first and see for yourself if truly the pain is gone and what he or she had to go through. At least you will be prepared with some information.

I've heard doctor's claim they know what causes Fibromyalgia, and know also how to treat it. I suffer from this condition. I was told by my doctor that it was due to having whiplash, and multiple surgeries. All these thing play a part on how the body reacts to things. I've also found out ways to help myself live a healthier life. I use to suffer daily from chronic pain that felt like it was attacking my whole body.
The doctors I've talk with have told me that when the body has had more than a few traumas within the body this condition is likely to happen. There's no cure.however there's treatments available.

I would do anything to get rid of the pain! Today I had to go on a gluten free diet, and if it doesn't work, I will cut out whatever I can to help the pain. I think there is a lot of sense in that doctor's thinking. It is so common and most people have such a horrible diet. It makes a lot of sense!

Think about magnetic therapy, or copper products like Tommie Copper ones. I use Tommie Copper products now, and I rarely suffer from Fibromyalgia discomfort any more. They have shorts for hip and back pain discomfort. They have ones for leg pain, ankle, elbow, wrist, and other ones to choose from. These products have helped me so I never have to take pain medications.

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry that I took FOREVER to update you all on this. I was so overwhelmed by this naturopath's regimen that I put my whole life on hold just to do it. I even quit my job (I would have eventually anyway because I was degrading so quickly.) I got a bunch of emails all at once with all of your replies to this, reminding me that I brought this up at this forum. I'm happy to update you now!

The doctor I went to is much more established and recognized than I realized. He has a lot of research published, mostly on how nutrition affects the brain. He has PhDs in naturopathic medicine, acupuncture, chiropractic care, and psychology. He has his own clinic, which is where I went, and he also evaluates and approves graduates at two acupuncture schools. If I could give his name, you could get a lot of info on him on Google. I did not do that before I saw him! So that being his background, what he's having me do might make more sense.

When I first saw him, he asked me not to tell him ANYTHING about me. He didn't read my intake form before he saw me. He needed to see for himself what was going on in my body without being influenced by what I thought I had going on. He looked into my eyes with a lens, read into my pulse, and dug around in my stomach with his hands. Through all these methods he was able to tell me some things I already knew, but more importantly things I didn't know: 1. I was beyond fatigued - I had nothing left to run on except adrenaline (and my adrenal glands were severely over worked,) 2. Several of my organs were not working very well (I think he said they were functioning at about 30%,) 3. I had a very irritable bowel and was not digesting food or water very well, and 4. My blood pressure was dangerously low (he said low pressure can be more deadly than high blood pressure.) He could tell I had food allergies and heart issues. So then he asked me what I came in for! I explained that I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. He didn't argue with these diagnoses (he read all the charts my hospital sent him,) but certainly did not focus on them. He said my real issues are that I have no real energy to work with, my organs aren't functioning well, and I'm malnourished because I'm not absorbing food and water.

He said lots more too, but to get to how he's treating me...
He's focusing on healing the entire body, because symptoms like fibromyalgia and arthritis (yes, they're symptoms) will go away on their own when the whole body is healed and put back together. He's absolutely right. I saw him 4 months ago for the first time, and I very rarely ever feel fibromyalgia now after sticking very closely to his regimen. I still have a lot of healing left to do - I'm still not well enough to work, but the fibromyalgia went away fairly easily. The arthritis has been significantly reduced, but I still struggle with it in my wrists at times.

He treats mostly through diet, exercise, supplements, and treatments at his clinic. As for diet, he has extensively studied the correlation between blood type and nutrition, so he created a diet for me based on my blood type. My organs are too weak to absorb any sugar or starch, so he factored that in. As a blood type O, I rely on high amounts of protein. So I must eat meat (preferably red meat) 3x a day, drink his protein shakes 2x a day, and eat certain veggies and nuts otherwise. I absolutely cannot have any fruit, sugary veggies, starchy root veggies, or sugary or starchy nuts like cashews. Now, as for the meat, it is critical that it's only grass fed, pasture raised for several reasons (everything from I'm allergic to the grains "conventional" cows eat to the fact that "conventional" meat is much more acidic than grass fed.) The greatest reason I have to exercise is because all that meat becomes toxic if I don't burn it off. He wants me doing 45 minutes of cardio a day.... which I still, despite my best efforts, simply can't do... yet (I hope I can someday.) My heart isn't strong enough. I do a lot of strength training on xbox fitness to get my heart rate up without pushing my heart too hard. As for the supplements, he's having me take a ton of his pills a day (including, but not limited to, herbs, organ tissues from animals, anti-inflammatory powdered roots, and minerals.) Also, because I can't absorb water (for years, ever time I've had water it went straight to my bladder within minutes and I've felt chronically dehydrated,) I have to add a mineral powder to everything I drink to make it thick enough for my body to absorb. As for the treatments, both times I've flown out there I've spent about 7 hours per day doing a variety of things at his clinic. Everything from acupuncture, chiropractic care, far infrared sauna, fango clay molds, vitamin IVs, foot baths, and more. Essentially, his treatments make me sweat more than I thought was humanly possible in order to get the toxins out of my body.

I'm getting stronger and better doing these things. My blood pressure is up to a healthier level, my digestion has improved, my muscles work better and are not in pain all the time, inflammation all over my body has gone down significantly, and my brain is turning on a bit more (I'm feeling more creative, whereas before I saw him I couldn't even figure out what words I was trying to say. My memory is still poor and I get confused easily, but I'm forming thoughts much better.)

My energy levels are overall better, but have a long way to go. I'm not feeling the desire to lay in bed all day. I am getting a couple chores done most days without getting exhausted from them. I can, however, overspend myself too easily. When I do that, I normally have to spend the next couple days doing nothing until I recover from spending more energy than I have.

I also know how to make my fibromyalgia come back in full force. He allows me to indulge in 80% organic dark chocolate (no soy, dairy, or anything else added, ONLY chocolate and sugar in it) every once in a while, and I've been reserving this indulgence for when I'm really craving it during the week before my periods start. The first time I indulged, I couldn't stop eating and ate 1/2 the bar. I had the worst sugar rush of my life, I felt really sick and nauseous from it and had a terrible headache. I also got the familiar severe muscle pains of fibromyalgia and they lasted for about a day and a half. The second time I indulged, I had about 1/4 of the chocolate bar. I, again, got very sugar high, but not as sick as the first time. Once again, I got fibromyalgia pains. The third time I indulged, I got fibromyalgia pains. I'm convinced sugar causes fibromyalgia. I know other things cause it too, but I know for sure sugar does.

I'm going to see him for treatments again in 2 weeks. He's been a HUGE help, and I seriously don't think I'd be functioning without his help. I might even go so far as to say he's saving my life.

I'll respond to your posts soon, but for now, this is my story! (I'm sure I'm forgetting details since he found so much going on with me, but oh well.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back