Nausea advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, my PT has also done dryneedling and cupping on my scar tissue from old surgeries as well and that has also helped me quite a bit, too. The cupping process was pretty painful but the results were quite profound. All these layers of issues stacked up on each other are finally getting dealt with, at least for me.
i tried dryneedling before i knew i had FM and did not really help me a lot. :-/ do you think that after you tell them you have FB they kind of know what to taclke and what not?

do you think that after you tell them you have FB they kind of know what to taclke and what not?
No, most of mine didn't, neither docs nor PTs. But they all think they do, until I educate them. The rheum. who diagnosed it just said "exercise" and Metamizole, which I didn't tolerate, others just called it a symptom-dump. But a few read up or show understanding, and 1-2 are helping me properly with ideas. Even the PT who is the only one with really helpful treatment and who "had" fibro herself ... I often think she's not listening or got strange ideas of her own, and I keep having to chip in and correct various assumptions about me and fibro... *sigh*

Not sure there is much to do. i just suck it up and trying to go throu the day. any else has suggestions?
Well, as we've said, you could do a lot to prevent it come up. So I'm not sure what kind of suggestions you'd be willing to try... ;-)
Getting rid of it is always much harder and more tedious than preventing. But a hot water bottle for starters and various herbs...:
Where I live a lot of people find help in Iberogast/STW5 (cf. wp). Because I can't tolerate any mint (e.g. peppermint) I take the similar Gastritol, which helps, too. And psyllium with little water against diarrhea (or with a lot of water for constipation). But as ever you've got to *want to do something about your suffering... ;-)

Not sure there is much to do. i just suck it up and trying to go throu the day. any else has suggestions?
PS> i agree.. sometimes is depressing. my constant pain in my neck which translates to migraines and stomach nausea are the worst, beside the general body aches.
Have you tried cutting out various things from your diet that might be irritating the condition? Lactose, gluten, etc. Worth the experimentation to find out if you have not already.

I lived with 24/7 nausea for many years. Cutting out gluten helped a lot, although did not completely end the issue. It's no longer constant, which is huge.

I also know that sometimes pain is actually experienced as nausea. Certain kinds of pain in my body will produce nausea every time. In me, most pain produces nausea if it is strong enough. This is unfortunate for me because I already struggle to eat enough and am very underweight.

Doing things that help with the pain and with your mood might end up helping with the nausea. worth a try.

Well, as we've said, you could do a lot to prevent it come up. So I'm not sure what kind of suggestions you'd be willing to try... ;-)
WhoDat--------This is my thought as well. I wonder if you have tried any of the suggestions that are in this thread. Have you?

Have you tried cutting out various things from your diet that might be irritating the condition? Lactose, gluten, etc. Worth the experimentation to find out if you have not already.

I lived with 24/7 nausea for many years. Cutting out gluten helped a lot, although did not completely end the issue. It's no longer constant, which is huge.

I also know that sometimes pain is actually experienced as nausea. Certain kinds of pain in my body will produce nausea every time. In me, most pain produces nausea if it is strong enough. This is unfortunate for me because I already struggle to eat enough and am very underweight.

Doing things that help with the pain and with your mood might end up helping with the nausea. worth a try.
thank you for the suggestions. to be honest with you guys i did not cut anything of anything..no food, no vape..and i know that it can be part of the pain increase. i guess i m so new with the FB that i m going throu the phase of adaptation. i will get your suggestion to heart and start to do it.

i tried dryneedling before i knew i had FM and did not really help me a lot. :-/ do you think that after you tell them you have FB they kind of know what to taclke and what not?
My PT is not treating my Fibromyalgia but her treatments are definitely helping it. The dryneedling helps when the muscles are in constant spasm which in turn causes pain and weakness to the area. If your muscles are not spasming then it won't help you. I always associated those muscle pains and spasms to fibromyalgia but I am realizing that it is a symptom that I actually don't have to deal with. So the dryneedling is the first step and the muscle strengthening is the second step. But it sounds like your issues might be different than mine, idk?

thank you for the suggestions. to be honest with you guys i did not cut anything of anything..no food, no vape..and i know that it can be part of the pain increase. i guess i m so new with the FB that i m going throu the phase of adaptation. i will get your suggestion to heart and start to do it.

That is the place to start, for certain. One thing that I highly recommend is that you start immediately to take an active part in your own health. This means doing real experimentation with your body. If you have not already done so, read my post of advice, and take it to heart, and start doing the things I suggest, most especially the diet aspect. Adapting to whatever is going on with you is one thing, but it doesn't mean apathy. There may be things you can do to relieve your discomfort. Try all of them.

Sorry so late I would say yes get h pylori test - they can do a stool sample
Hope you are having better days !

I had the exact same symptoms, and it ended up being a gluten insensitivity. Do you eat gluten?

Only thing that works for nausea when I get it is peppermint. I carry around oil with me in case I need it. It helps with headaches, too.

I had the exact same symptoms, and it ended up being a gluten insensitivity. Do you eat gluten?

Only thing that works for nausea when I get it is peppermint. I carry around oil with me in case I need it. It helps with headaches, too.

Rhyl,
that would totally destroy me. i m Italian born and raised and moved to the states 10 years ago. obv i eat pasta and pizza LOL :-(

WhoDat, Just a note here. Perhaps no one understands how you feel about bread and pasta better than I do. My entire life I ate bread at just about every meal and for almost every snack I had, and depended on pasta for many of the regular meals I ate. AND I had chronic and disturbing gastro-intestinal issues and 24 hour a day nausea. A natural medicine practitioner suggested I cut out gluten to see if that helped, and I felt as if, if I couldn't eat bread and pasta my culinary life would come to an end.

But, I really wanted to stop feeling the way I did, so I tried it. It was incredibly hard, but after only 2 weeks I saw such a dramatic improvement in all of my symptoms that I kept it up.

The difference it has made it my life and in how I feel day-to-day is so amazing that I have never once looked back. It's been 7 years now that I have been off gluten and I am never, ever tempted to eat anything with gluten in it. Believe me, if you have to stop eating gluten it won't "destroy" you. Today there is really good gluten free bread and pasta readily available and a million recipes available as well.

Now, I am not saying your issues are caused by gluten....I don't know that. I am saying these things just in order to say, basically:
If you don't want to be plagued with all of the problems you have now every day for the rest of your life, you have to be willing to try changes in your life even if they are hard, and to keep those changes that help you, even if they are hard. I suggest you keep an open mind.

I always figure, if I am not willing to do what will help me, and try things to see if they work, then I don't have ground to stand on to complain. :)

Eating peppermint or smoking pot helps
Oh dear: Only for some - everything minty makes my stomach burn like I haven't eaten for a day, even if I just have.
Peppermint is often put in stomach remedies, even for hyperacidity, so I seem to have a mint intolerance (incl. toothpaste, chewing gum, even the essential oil odour etc.)
Instead of Iberogast/STW5 with peppermint I've found Gastritol, a similar mix (and similarly bitter) but without peppermint, which works for me for upset stomach, stomach burn, reflux & heartburn.

Last edited:
How about bitters or ginger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back