MizzDeeDee

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
01/2009
Country
US
State
Va
I was washing the dishes yesterday when I suddenly got nauseated, my head started hurting, and I got a bit dizzy. I had to stop doing my dishes and go sit down. I think it was exhaustion, but I'm not sure.

Has anyone else had this happen? It did pass and then I was fine after I took a nap.

Yes, I sometimes have episodes like that. It's awful waiting for it to pass. About 3 weeks ago, I was out having lunch with a group of ladies at a restaurant, when it hit me....awful! I knew that once I ate something I'd probably feel better, which I did. I don't know the reason for it....just assuming it's part of fibro.

How long had it been since you had eaten something? It sounds like it may have been low blood sugar. Most people get dizzy with that and some even get nausea. My boss starts shaking terribly if he goes too long without eating. That happened the other day and was pretty scary.

I was washing the dishes yesterday when I suddenly got nauseated, my head started hurting, and I got a bit dizzy. I had to stop doing my dishes and go sit down. I think it was exhaustion, but I'm not sure.

Has anyone else had this happen? It did pass and then I was fine after I took a nap.

I have not had this happen. It is one of the few maladies of the human body that has not hit me hard. I don't know if it is related to your fibromyalgia. It sounds like you may have been temporarily disoriented. Were you standing on your feet for a long time before it happened?

I have not had this happen. It is one of the few maladies of the human body that has not hit me hard. I don't know if it is related to your fibromyalgia. It sounds like you may have been temporarily disoriented. Were you standing on your feet for a long time before it happened?

Not so much, no. I think that with me, when I'm tired like that, I get to feeling ill. So, I think of it as a side effect of a symptom. In other words, the fibro and other health problems exhaust me, and the exhaustion makes me feel ill.

Does that make sense?

How long had it been since you had eaten something? It sounds like it may have been low blood sugar. Most people get dizzy with that and some even get nausea. My boss starts shaking terribly if he goes too long without eating. That happened the other day and was pretty scary.

It wasn't too terribly long. I actually have been pre-diabetic before, and I actually had gestational diabetes, so I'm pretty conscious of that. In my youth, I had exactly what you're talking about happen. I used to go so long without eating that I'd almost black out. Not very smart of me, I'll admit. It is pretty scary, I agree.

Lately I feel so dizzy when I get up from the bed, no idea what this is. It must have something to do with my sugar levels, it is stronger if I haven't eaten something in a while... I start to feel better once I lie down again. This usually happens during the evening.

Sometimes it can be caused by low blood pressure, as your laying down and get up to quickly. This happens to me, as well as, if I kneel down and then try to stand up to fast. I get dizzy and feel weak. Another thought is inner ear problems, that can cause headache and dizziness, and a sick feeling in your stomach or nausea.

If it continues see your doctor. I had a bad bout last summer and ended up in the ER for the afternoon. Did not need that big bill. So don't think everything that comes along is a direct result of having fibro. Some of it can be from old age. lol :)

I've been getting this more and more often as well. All of a sudden, I'll get a dizzy spell, or I'll be sitting down to supper and suddenly can't eat because of nausea, or I'll be watching a show and a weird headache hits me. It's frustrating and scary. I was just recently super stressed due to planning a vacation, which I went on and am back from now, so I don't get why it's still happening. I was also having bad palpitations and arrythmia, which I'm still having (and I haven't had checked out yet.......), so it's probably all related.

Sweed is right. It's far too easy (and dangerous) to assume it's all fibro related...

Sometimes it can be caused by low blood pressure, as your laying down and get up to quickly. This happens to me, as well as, if I kneel down and then try to stand up to fast. I get dizzy and feel weak. Another thought is inner ear problems, that can cause headache and dizziness, and a sick feeling in your stomach or nausea.

If it continues see your doctor. I had a bad bout last summer and ended up in the ER for the afternoon. Did not need that big bill. So don't think everything that comes along is a direct result of having fibro. Some of it can be from old age. lol :)

This is SO true! I do have high blood pressure now, so it's entirely possible. So frustrating when the cardiologist told me that people "my age" start having blood pressure issues. Just like when my one doctor told me I was "early middle age" when I was in my early 30s.

:-x

I've said this before, I have many health issues and they all bleed into each other. It's hard sometimes to know what causes what.

It wasn't too terribly long. I actually have been pre-diabetic before, and I actually had gestational diabetes, so I'm pretty conscious of that. In my youth, I had exactly what you're talking about happen. I used to go so long without eating that I'd almost black out. Not very smart of me, I'll admit. It is pretty scary, I agree.

You may want to check out low carb ways of eating. I have been doing a mix of Protein Power/Atkins for many years now. Helps with my Fibromyalgia and other things like blood sugar issues. I also find my appetite is more stable, I have less physical pains and my digestion is so improved. I have had digestive issues since I was 13 years of age. Reading up on it can't hurt. I highly recommend reading Mary Dan and Michael Eades M.D.'s. Protein Power books as they really go into the actual science of how it works but in such a lay mans way and fun when it can be. Great reads!

You may want to check out low carb ways of eating. I have been doing a mix of Protein Power/Atkins for many years now. Helps with my Fibromyalgia and other things like blood sugar issues. I also find my appetite is more stable, I have less physical pains and my digestion is so improved. I have had digestive issues since I was 13 years of age. Reading up on it can't hurt. I highly recommend reading Mary Dan and Michael Eades M.D.'s. Protein Power books as they really go into the actual science of how it works but in such a lay mans way and fun when it can be. Great reads!

I agree with you. I do tend to try and eat high protein foods. A lot of chicken and fish. Sometimes I hear those carbs calling though. I have a huge love of pasta and bakery items. I allow myself to enjoy them, but I have certainly cut down on them. I'm also thinking about looking at gluten. It seems many people have issues with that.

I'll have to look up those books and see what they have to say. Thank you for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back