Not open for further replies.

Sbuss

Diagnosis
04/2013
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
I am just wondering if others get terrible nausea that comes and goes? It's worse on the days I have continuous heartburn. Any suggestions on how you deal with it?

i never go anywhere without my generic gravol. comes in handy for nausea and the dizzies

yes, you are not the only one! The nausea never got bad enough for me to take gravol (I avoid meds for as long as possible), but it came with annoying heartburn. I ate small frequent meals or just snacked all day, often having what ever was quick and easy, since I didn't feel like eating. I didn't worry to much about whether or not it was good for me - comfort food! That bout is over now, but I know it comes and goes :(
hope you find what works for you!

My tip is to not go with a loaded stomach. So in case, there was nothing to throw up. At least that makes you less worried. Gravol can really be very helpful and effective but dependence on it must be avoided. You might want to search for some alternatives and work on that, alternating with gravol. Say, how about the scent of chamomile? I heard the fragrance of chamomile eases nausea. You might want to give it a try.

I also get bouts of nausea and what works best for me is drinking hot or room temperature beverages. I don't drink soda/pop or anything carbonated. I can't take any meds for nausea or heartburn because they make me sick. Herbal teas can help and ginger is great for nausea also.

another tip: if you have one of those Chinese herbal creams that you can either smell or rub in the forehead, it also is a big help in easing nausea. If there is none, Vicks may do. I just open the jar and smell it and it eases nausea right away. If I want to have a more relaxed feel, I will rub vicks in my temples and that very effective for me.

I too have a big problem with nausea, heartburn not as much now that i watch how much dairy, tomatoes and spices I eat. I start my day with a glass of Ginger ale or a cup of ginger tea and if its really bad a few saltine crackers. I have also found the smell of citrus is really helpful. I learned the citrus trick when i was pregnant they had done studies that showed citrus fragrances greatly reduced pregnancy nausea. It still works even not pregnant. I also had to go on an acid reflux medication for awhile but that settled down after a few months and i made some changes and was able to get off the meds. I also know a lady who eats bits of ginger sometimes candied sometimes not. Ginger is natural anti nauseant that really works.

Sometimes I do get nausea but not very often. When I do get it, it does seem to stem fron heartburn and an acidy feeling in my throat. I also drink ginger ale and also small amounts of either 7-up or squirt. It actually relieves some of my gas. I think it may be the carbonation in the soda pops. It may not sound appetizing but this works for me and also works for my kids when they have a flu bug. Swallow about a 1/4 of a teaspoon of light corn syrup. It soothes your stomach. And it eases the nausea as well.

Yes! When I get nausea it's awful! I've found that children's liquid Benadryl is the only thing that helps me! I keep it handy! :)

I experience terrible nausea. Sometimes it is caused by pain, sometimes it is caused by one of my medications, and fatigue will upset my stomach beyond belief.

My primary care physician prescribed Prilosec, to be taken about 30 minutes before taking my strongest pain medication, but that does not ease the nausea I feel at other times, so I keep lemons in the house.

I find eating a lemon, with a touch of salt helps a lot, but not everyone can tolerate lemons eaten this way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back