Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2020
Country
AU
State
AU
hi, i have been recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. i was wondering if anyone else has nausea that feels like severe morning sickness pregnancy sickness or all day sickness at times and what they have done to come bat this? i have been told its very uncommon with fibromyalgia to experience nausea but we have researched a lot of other avenues and we are not sure what else it could be part of. i am unable to take nausea medication as my body is allergic to it we have found out.
thanks heaps

Can't compare it with pregnancy sickness - :) - but I feel nauseous, often for a few hours, after doing certain transverse muscle exercises or stretching, one of the reasons I can't do normal PT exercises. Always used to be the case in a transverse weight machine too, even before my full flare. It feels myofascial and so I have the feeling it has something to do with the fibro too, altho docs don't know of it. No docs or PTs have an idea why, but I'm still plugging it, in case someone has an idea. I would like to be able to do these exercises...
What generally helps me with nausea is homeopathic nux vomica, as the name says. Haven't tried it for this tho. Might be a different mechanism.

I get some usually mild nausea, but not as bad as morning sickness was in pregnancy but we are all different! Sometimes I am even sick but rarely, usually when I have a severe headache.

You might try a ginger tincture; sometimes that helps. You can make your own.

Affinity, that sounds as if you might be experiencing migriane.

Affinity, that sounds as if you might be experiencing migriane.
Yes I thought that for a while, too, but I am not really sure these days. Most days I have a tension headache and occasionally a headache so bad that it might be a migraine, but I have a headache all the time so who can say? Thankfully they do not come very often so severely. I think I have had one that bad so far this year, maybe 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back