Not open for further replies.

Kittykat12

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
UK
Im a recently diagnosed 62 year old. I have ME, fibromyalgia and arthritis. This past week I have felt nausea on and off throughout the days and in the nights. I go extremely hot sometimes and feel im going to pass out then I go cold. I also have a bad tum but not as much as nausea. Is this part and parcel of my condition,. Its not IBS as this feels very different, its not gastro bug as its lasted too long. The list of symptoms is different for everyone and im just trying to get my head around mine. Thank you x

Hi Kitty, some people with FM report having nausea some of the time. It's pretty hard to say whether yours is or is not a part of FM, though.

Since this is a new symptom for you I would suggest waiting to see if it is something temporary and will go away. If it doesn't go away in another week or so, please report this to your doctor. Any new symptom that is not just temporary should always be checked out by medical professionals, because it could be something other than FM and you really need to know. I don't know why you are sure it is not a gastro bug, having only had this for a week. I have had gastro-intestinal illnesses that lasted a lot longer than that.

In the meantime, I would take a good look at what you are eating, do all you can to reduce stress in your life, try to get as much sleep as you can, and take a ginger tincture, which is sometimes helpful with nausea.

Personally, I am ultra-familiar with nausea, having had chronic nausea for many many years. Turns out for me going gluten free solved that problem, along with some others, by about 90%. There may be something that you can do to change this, but I wouldn't get too caught up in it until you determine whether this is a long-lasting thing for you or not.

Hi thanks for getting back to me. I dont think its gastro as in-between bouts I feel fine. I remember telling my doctor few years ago I kept feeling nausea and they dismissed it, its the same but more often now. I will keep a note of when its happening and see how it goes. Im trying to eat as healthy as possible as I want to stay as fit as possible for as long as possible

hmmm....so it's bouts and not constant. So, something could be triggering it. I wonder if it would help for you to keep a record for a week of what you do and when and what you eat and when, and when you feel nausea, and see if it tells you anything. Correlation is, of course, not causation, but if you could over time link it with something and determine if there really is a causative factor, that would be very helpful to you. Keep in touch because I am interested and we are all here to help.

To be honest I think its working a 10pm till 6am night shift, whilst I have done this for years I have really struggled lately. Not the amount of hours but the time im working totally upset my system this week has been awful. Only did one then one finishing at 4am but sleeping so much the day before the shift is the killer I think x

Can you change your shift?

Spoke to my manager today, I have to apply to speak to the force doctor, if they say yes they will change it. In the meantime he is going to pull my shifts forward. Hopefully this will help. I feel I have gone from being so independent and a go getter to now being the opposite but im sure I will adapt x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back