Nausea

Status
Not open for further replies.

caramani1967

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1999
Hello. Since April, I’ve been having nausea for several days during the week. I’ve had fibromyalgia for about 20 years, but never nausea that does not go away. I have nausea medication, sometimes it helps, but sometimes it does not. Has anyway had this and does it ever go away? I’ve had a CT scan and all is good. Had blood work all is good. I’m on acid reducer medicine, but still have nausea. Not sure what to do next, it affecting my job and life.

Hi caramani, and welcome in 👋

I never used to have nausea much pre-fibro or since fibro. Nux vomica D12 (homeopathy) seemed to help me then.
Like dizziness maybe a tough one to pinpoint, so it may need trying a lot of the routes that help people

It got severe every time I tried to move/walk after my jabs triggered what I now know is MCAS. My MCAS supps (Bruce Hoffman) helped with all the new symptoms, but I can't pinpoint which one of them may have helped specifically nausea. However comparing with those I was taking before the jabs anyway, it might be: EGCg, luteolin, silymarin, ellagic acid, magnolia/honokiol, feverfew/parthenolide. Looking at their connection to nausea in these cases it'd seem EGCg, luteolin and silymarin are unlikely, as they can have side effects of nausea, whilst magnolia and feverfew are used for nausea. Ellagic acid I'm not sure, may help stomach acid problems, despite it being an acid itself. Ginger is another one for nausea (e.g. in travel sickness supps), however one I don't 'stomach'.
From what I've read of fibromites with nausea, I fear you may be stuck with it if you don't find alternatives to your med - other meds, or supps, so I'd try out all you can get your hands on.
Also, nausea is of course a common side effect of meds (even aspirin and acid reducers like famotidine) and supps, as I've just shown, so I'd have a look at those first. In the case of acid reducers it may pay to reduce acid triggers in your food instead of taking the med. If you are only taking it because of the nausea, then I wouldn't continue. Peppermint may prevent people taking famotidine from getting nausea. But for me anything minty causes some of my biggest hyperacidity problems. My own experience is that most meds I take just suppress symptoms without curing them, whilst causing side effects which make everything worse.

Did you travel to Calgary to see Dr. Hoffman?
Oh dearie me, no, that'd be 5000 miles. 🤣 A 1h car trip flares me up for hours or days, a 1h walk for hours.
No, I sit at home studying the world at my fingertips.... :cool:.
To be honest, I don't even believe enough in any of the docs whose recommendations I try out to visit them.

Did go to an allergist in a uni clinic today tho- probably a total waste of time and also probably smashed me down for days, but let's see....

Last edited:
How old are you,I ask as I'm now going thought pre menopause and it makes me feel very sick .

I have had fibromyalgia for over twenty years and about two years ago began experiencing nausea whenever I ate. I keep a daily journal of symptoms, activities and what I eat. I suspected it might be a gluten intolerance, my doctor ordered the blood work and it was. Eliminated gluten from my diet (and believe me it is in everything, even makeup and shampoo) and the nausea went away. Hope you find what is causing yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back