Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
NL
State
NL
I just need to vent a bit, guys. Right now there is a big chance I might be pregnant, I took a home preg test and it showed a faint line. I was going to the lab today get a more reliable test (blood one), but I couldn't so will have to wait until tomorrow!

The waiting is killing me and my partner has been way too far from supporting! We hadn't planned this and I feel like he blames me. He was so understanding at first, but now it seems he thinks all our plans are ruined. (He hasn't said it so directly, but we had some specific plans this week, and he hasn't mentioned a word about it since he found out I might be pregnant).

I feel just awful :cry: I wasn't expecting this! I feel so sick, my stomach is bloated and I'm waking up with nausea every morning! I want to believe the nausea might be caused by something like a peptic ulcer or something like that (I had that in the past), but that wouldn't explain the faint line in that pregnancy test! Plus I'm getting a lot pimples! (not common in me). I had to stop taking all my meds until I get that test done and check the results.

I feel so anxious, I don't feel like having a baby right now (monetary and health reasons). I really hope that was a false positive, my boyfriend is nearly 31 years old, but doesn't seem to be ready for a responsibility like that :sad: Plus, I'm in pain and feel tired most of the time, no idea what I'm going to do if it turns out I'm pregnant!

Good morning, Trellum... I see that you wrote this yesterday so you'll be having that blood test today. Let us know what you find out. Whether it's a pregnancy or something else, there's a great support system here.

I hope the nausea settles down for you! That's never any fun... I had it recently with... well, not sure what it was but probably some kind of food poisoning. It went on and on and I was so glad when it stopped. :cry:

I'm so sorry to hear that your partner is being so immature about this possibility of becoming a parent. At his age, you'd think he'd know that no form of birth control is 100% and a pregnancy always a possibility. The thing he said about "all our plans are ruined"... well I hope that was his shock talking because otherwise it sounds quite selfish to put his "plans" higher priority than the welfare of a child.

Just saw your post and wanted to add a heartfelt hug of support. I hope that things turned out the way you wanted them too, but none the less we care about you and your emotional well-being. And I hope your boy friend's comment was just a quick off the top of his head reaction and that if there is a child his feelings will be of loving support and not disappointment. Children are a blessing to most and sometimes it just takes getting used to the idea and then everything falls into place. :) Let us know how the test went and if your okay. :)

Trellum, good luck with the test. Hope you get the results you want. Hang in there and let us know how you are doing.

Hello there, Mike! All good here, I'm feeling much better right now. I'm not sure I got the result I wanted tho, I can't talk a lot about it over here (some relatives or friends of his could read this), but I'm happy to say it wasn't what I expected! I feel a lot relief and couldn't be happier, because a baby would have changed it all and no sure I'd have been able to take care of it properly (not with all my aches and IBS flares).

Just saw your post and wanted to add a heartfelt hug of support. I hope that things turned out the way you wanted them too, but none the less we care about you and your emotional well-being. And I hope your boy friend's comment was just a quick off the top of his head reaction and that if there is a child his feelings will be of loving support and not disappointment. Children are a blessing to most and sometimes it just takes getting used to the idea and then everything falls into place. :) Let us know how the test went and if your okay. :)

Thanks, 1sweed :) I really appreciate it! Well, it turns out the things were a bit more complicated than I thought, but I'm glad I'm not pregnant right now (long story, can't talk about that here for obvious reasons). All I can say is I'm feeling much better (not counting the usual aches), no more nausea or dizziness; thankfully! I would love to have children later, but right now that's not the best idea. Glad things turned out this way... I wasn't ready at all! Specially financially speaking!

Good morning, Trellum... I see that you wrote this yesterday so you'll be having that blood test today. Let us know what you find out. Whether it's a pregnancy or something else, there's a great support system here.

I hope the nausea settles down for you! That's never any fun... I had it recently with... well, not sure what it was but probably some kind of food poisoning. It went on and on and I was so glad when it stopped. :cry:

I'm so sorry to hear that your partner is being so immature about this possibility of becoming a parent. At his age, you'd think he'd know that no form of birth control is 100% and a pregnancy always a possibility. The thing he said about "all our plans are ruined"... well I hope that was his shock talking because otherwise it sounds quite selfish to put his "plans" higher priority than the welfare of a child.

Hi Mariposa! I can't say a lot over here (for obvious reasons) but I can tell you that I'm feeling much better now. Everything is the way it was supposed to be, and I'm thankful things turned out this way, because I wasn't ready at all (financially speaking mostly). I still hope to have kids later on, but now now!

I actually think this was a test fr both of us, my boyfriend did freak out a bit at the start and towards the end, but he passed the test (didn't do that great the first few days tho). He made me feel so nervous sometimes, because I sometimes felt he thought this was my fault or something like that. As you said no birth control method is 100% effective :)

I really appreciate your support! You are all so sweet! Thanks a lot!

Hey... Good luck with the test. I hope you get your desired results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back