adampayne1987

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hey guys!

Hope all is well in these crazy times...

Im happy to be here and thought I would drop by and see if I can get some reassurance and maybe find out a little more from like minded people.

Im a 32 year old male from the U.K. and I’m currently awaiting my last set of blood tests before I can get a certain diagnosis. I’ve had wide spread pains and aches for over a year now which started after I fainted and ended up smashing my ribs into a metal cage (not ideal).

The aches started in both ribs and that lasted for a fair few months, then the aches moved into my back and knees and now it seems to be my left shoulder and under armpit, this has been going on constantly for a couple of weeks now. I also have trouble concentrating for long periods of time, find it hard to get to sleep and also feel like my head is going to explode with thoughts every couple of weeks.

My main questions really are does anyone else experience these symptoms? And how do you pinpoint what is Fibro and what isn’t? Because there are so many symptoms it’s hard to know whether it’s related to the condition or something else?

Obviously I’m new to this world andI’m just looking for some advice to deal with the anxiety of feeling different aches and pains every couple of weeks and how to accept that it’s just part of my condition.

Anyway that’s it for now just wanted to introduce myself and find out more!

Welcome! Good luck with the testing :) Hope you get results and answers soon!

My main questions really are does anyone else experience these symptoms? And how do you pinpoint what is Fibro and what isn’t? Because there are so many symptoms it’s hard to know whether it’s related to the condition or something else?

Obviously I’m new to this world andI’m just looking for some advice to deal with the anxiety of feeling different aches and pains every couple of weeks and how to accept that it’s just part of my condition.

Hi there and welcome. People experience such a wide range of symptoms from this syndrome that just about anything you have experienced someone else has as well, so there is really no way to determine whether this particular thing is fibro-related or not. Some things are more common than others, of course, but just because you experience something and you have a diagnosis of fibro, doesn't mean that particular thing is Fibro-related. It may be, it may not. I think people tend to attribute every thing they experience to the fibro once they have that diagnosis and I am not sure that's a good idea.

What I have done is turn myself into a keen observer of my body. what it does, what it feels, what the day was like yesterday compared to today, what may be a cause or effect, and so on. At first, that meant I was sort of obsessed with everything but that doesn't need to last. These days, I can mostly put all that aside because the observation and notation of what is going on has become pretty much automatic and I don't need to spend a lot of conscious thought on it. I do not focus on my disability or my pain and recommend that as an approach, because if you focus on it all the time it will only make you miserable. focus on what you can do today not what you can't.

Just observe, notice things, experiment, make adjustments, and you will learn what this means for you. Eat as healthy a diet as you possibly can, get exercise daily, and keep a positive attitude. Set the anxiety aside as best you can. distract yourself from it and don't let it take over your life, because stress and anxiety are pretty much universally found to exacerbate all negative Fibro symptoms.
Best of luck to you.

Since your symptoms came on after a fall, did you get an MRI of your spine? That would check both the soft tissue and your spine for disc issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back