DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/1999
Country
US
State
CA
This is from a VERY interesting important article on mag deficiency:

Personally I take upwards of 1000mg Mag Citrate, Malate, Glycinate separate and often mix them them. Split up doses which gets me about 1000mg per day. If one deals with LOOSE bowels, take less or to bowel tolerance.

Nearly EVERYONE has signs of magnesium deficiency but we don’t realize it…

Symptoms include:

Constipation
High blood pressure (Hypertension)
Anxiety
Depression
Insomnia
Behavioral disturbances
Lethargy
Impaired memory/thinking
Seizures
Fatigue
Sleep disturbances
Pain
Muscle cramps
Chronic back pain
Headaches
Migraines
Muscular pain
Tendonitis
Anger
Aggression
ADHD
Brain fog
Tension
Anxiety disorders such as OCD

Almost ALL the above sounds like FM symptoms.

Anything that makes you tense and tight could potentially be due to magnesium deficiency. If you can’t relax or you can’t stop — think magnesium! Full-blown health problems can even be tied back to this crucial mineral. Most people with ANY chronic disease or issue benefit greatly from magnesium supplementation therapy. This is because chronic illness = stress, and stress depletes magnesium. The following are conditions that are likely to have magnesium deficiency as a part of the puzzle:

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Adrenal Fatigue
Fibromyalgia
Heart Disease
Atrial Fibrillation
Heart Palpitations
Osteoporosis (yes, magnesium is more important than calcium for bone health!)
Diabetes
Sudden Death in patients with Congestive Heart Failure
Kidney Stones

“Similarly, patients with diagnoses of depression, epilepsy, diabetes mellitus, tremor, Parkinsonism, arrhythmias, circulatory disturbances (stroke, cardiac infarction, arteriosclerosis), hypertension, migraine, cluster headache, cramps, neuro-vegetative disorders, abdominal pain, osteoporosis, asthma, stress dependent disorders, tinnitus, ataxia, confusion, preeclampsia, weakness, might also be consequences of the magnesium deficiency syndrome.”

Again, I'm not a doctor and do your research, just bringing HELP to all I can touch. J

I've took Magnesium for years to help with migraines. Now I take Magnesium Malate daily as suggested by my doc for stress and fatigue.

I know I need mag and take the powdered mag. citrate and a malaic acid pill with it. It really helps with muscle cramping, headaches, nerves,(I've been more jumpy over the years), and 2 of my meds make me constipated that the mag. helps with.

Just received another reminder this morning from The Healthy Back Institute and they say "experts" say 80% of us are deficient, but it's more like 99%. I am not deficient as I get mag checked now and then, but don't bother anymore as I take very sufficient amounts of mag in glycinate, malate and citrate forms.

Hope the new people check in here, read this alternative section.

I take 400mg Chelated glycinate mag at bedtime. I was never told my mag is low. would it benefit me to take n more?

I use a spray magnesium oil. Magnesium chloride brime. Will this work the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back