Not open for further replies.

TopKat

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2019
Country
US
Hi, I am New here to this forum and have been diagnosed less than two years with Fibromyalgia. For the last month I have been having severe neck pain that is awful. Some days it feels muscular some days it feels like bone on bone. Can anyone describe their neck pain with FM to me? I don’t Have the typical “tender points” that are described as symptoms of FM in my neck.....just the deep pain

Welcome to the forum. Although no one really wants to be here, we try to help each other out.
I struggle with neck pain almost daily and it is exacerbated by the fact that I have double vision and often lift my head up, compressing my neck, in order to see something more clearly, as it forces my eyes to focus better. I can't really describe the pain very well, expect to say it is a hot ache rather than a sharp pain. Any time I have to look up high, I cannot stay that way for more than a few seconds. I cannot, for instance, paint a ceiling although other painting I can do. How I sleep and with how many pillows makes a difference in this, but nothing makes it go away entirely.

I have neck pain too and this does help some.

Attachments

• D60ED582-6E96-45E5-B28F-1B01F2163ADF.jpeg
    D60ED582-6E96-45E5-B28F-1B01F2163ADF.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 25
My osteopath and my acupressurist have got my neck a lot better...
Additional neck stretching exercises were hard, have to do them gently and a lot less than others.

Did your neck pain just start? If so, it might be helpful to get it looked at.

No, unfortunately this has been going on for months now. With no relief.

I am sorry to hear that you are constantly feeling pain! Do you take any medicine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back