Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
my neck is killing me,been bad a few days now but it's going into my head and eyes.it sucks.
Eyes been tested so I no that's ok My pain killers just don't seem to touch it atm.

Have you tried a hot shower on your neck? Or an epsom salts bath? Sometimes when my neck aches, I end up holding my head stiffly so everything just piles on. Gentle massage can also help, if you can stand it. These are exercises that I do when I have muscle pain: Roll your shoulders backwards and down.
Squeeze your shoulder blades together. Push your head backwards into your hands and hold for 30 seconds. You can also lay down on the floor (if you can get back up!) and push your head down into the floor. Bring your ear to your shoulder-both sides. I usually do each exercise 10 times, except for the head pushing, which is just five times. I have a bunch of exercises for my neck and back that I got from a terrific physical therapist 6-7 years ago. While they don't take away a bunch of pain in the moment, they do help keep me from stiffening up. They also help keep my neck aligned so I don't get as much joint pain.

Thank you I will be trying them out tonight. I also have a heat bag so il use that after. Xx

I have always dealt with a sore neck. I get it so bad that causes horrible headaches, to where I can't even function. The only thing that helps my neck aches and headache that I get from it are muscle pills. I take Flexeril. A good massage, although those can get expensive! Also if you are able to lay down and use a heating pad. I also have a heating pad that wraps around my shoulders and my neck, I use that while I am sitting at my desk at work. Hope you get some relief

it mayber the muscles. remember to do the hot and then the cold pack. making the muscles tight and then lose. thats really what the exercises are doing to the muscles. if it continues. order a tens unit for about $40. its helping my friend and it should help you too.

big hugs forgetmemaybe...smiles

oh yeah stand on your head too..lmao... im just kidding on that one. just wanted to make you laugh.

I got a tens.all the blood rushing to my head ahhh

My first symptom was a stiff neck. I remember thinking "why do I have a crick in my neck". Then from there came shoulder and arms.

that how the fibro works. its all about the muscles and the message to the brain.

hang in there.

i posted under general discussions. 3 threads id like you to start reading.

1- what is fibromyalgia
2- starting a daily log book and why it helps.
3- a family member has fibromyalgia what can i do.

do what it says in all of them.
please post something after you read it in each post. that will make it go to thetop of the listing
so other folks and find it easy.

I have severe head and neck pain almost daily. Does a tenz work for shoulder and neck pain. Do you know if they are covered through insurance? Would it help for leg and arm pain? Maybe I need twenty of those things?

Tens are good , but if your not careful u can have them to high and hurt them even more.

The ultimate goal of chiropractic is to help relieve pain and help patients better manage their condition at home. A recent review concluded that chiropractic spinal manipulation may be helpful for back pain, migraine, neck pain, and whiplash.

Link Not Allowed!

Last edited by a moderator:
A study may show that but it turn out for me it made thing twice as bad.
I was spending money and ending up in more pain.
Now I'm sure for a lot of ppl chiropractic healing helps.but Fibro isn't about bones so unless you have a problem with your bones I'm not sure you get much relief .
Like I say not for me anyway,

Trick for me if it is muscle tension is to tense the muscle and hold for a slow count of ten. Then hold muscle in opposition tension for long count of ten. In other words, lift shoulders really high to your ears for 10, then try to hold them down for 10. Repeat about 5 times. Then do some shoulder rolls and gentle rolling of head. I should write this trick on my bathroom mirror and do it more often myself!

I quite often deal with neck pain that goes up around my ears and behind my eyes. The other day it started going down my face as well. I've found it helpful to use an oil by Doterra called Past Tense. It's wintergreen, lavender, and frankincense. You can buy it online. I also use the IcyHot tens therapy system. $30 at target and best money I've ever spent. It gives you electrical pulses that sooth the pain quite well. I've also found that this is usually caused by inflammation. Naproxen will be a life saver here! Best of luck to you, rest up, and feel better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back