Need tips to control stress levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh that’s beautiful 😀 💞💕💗💫💫 I think it suits me , the spaceship for sure cos I’m a little bit ‘out there’, and I’m still waiting for the mother ship to take me back home 😂

🤣 I thought I’d quirky my hello up to you cos it’s coming up to Halloween 😆

The black hole looks quite cool, they sell those as round carpet types things on internet sometimes but they get sold out pretty quick ( I guess everyone wants them) I wanted one too , It would have to go on the landing though cos ( if I ever managed to get one) it wouldn’t suit my house decor, the living rooms a looks like a modern spiritualist church and my bedroom I’ve gone Victorian with plums and gold and really good priced chandelier from Wilkinson’s that looks waaaay more expensive than what it is ( I love it when that happens) 😁 , but yeah depressions hell of a thing you do kinda feel like your in a well and your waiting for someone to get you out. I had mine since childhood but I didn’t know what was then ?

Kurleysue if I knew where you was I could give you some contact numbers but there’s probably some on google you might be able to find that help, and it is horrible watching someone deteriorating when you know there’s nothing you can do about it, it almost feels like your crumbling too! But you do need waaaaaaaay more support that what your getting , I hope you find some 🤗😘💗

I would make a lot of them cos I think they look cool , but I might get thrown off the forum for making holes in it 🤨

The black hole looks quite cool, they sell those as round carpet types things on internet sometimes but they get sold out pretty quick ( I guess everyone wants them) I wanted one too , It would have to go on the landing though cos ( if I ever managed to get one) it wouldn’t suit my house decor, the living rooms a looks like a modern spiritualist church and my bedroom I’ve gone Victorian with plums and gold and really good priced chandelier from Wilkinson’s that looks waaaay more expensive than what it is ( I love it when that happens) 😁 , but yeah depressions hell of a thing you do kinda feel like your in a well and your waiting for someone to get you out. I had mine since childhood but I didn’t know what was then ?
I have also had depression since I was very young but didn't know it was even called that until I was in my late teens. Beck then people didn't think that children could be depressed. They know better now. I have thought about my recurrent depression like walking down a road that has huge holes in it, and every time I come to one I cannot walk around it but have to fall into it and then I can't get out again, sometimes for a very long time.

It’s a horrible thing, by the time I was 15 I’d completely switched off it wasn’t that long ago I was told It was called disassociation cos I really thought there was something wrong with me! but I think I’ll always have it, it’s just a part of me now, I don’t want it (obviously) who would ? Fall down the hole get back out of it fall down it again + repeat, it’s nice to learn more things about about you anyway, I felt like I didn’t know very much 🕳 🧗‍♀️🕳🧗‍♀️ 💜

Depression costs us so much when we're young, then we can go on to miss out on the milestones in life. It robs one of perspective, overwhelms and isolates. It hard seeing outside of that when you've been numb for a lifetime. It's an awful vicious cycle and I hope doing things differently will help.

I just realised the last 2 badger’s in my emojis look like they sniffing each others bum’s haha 🤣😂

Depression costs us so much when we're young, then we can go on to miss out on the milestones in life. It robs one of perspective, overwhelms and isolates. It hard seeing outside of that when you've been numb for a lifetime. It's an awful vicious cycle and I hope doing things differently will help.
This is so very true, and I wish that more people understood this. having chronic depression can make it impossible to do the things that other people seem to find easy. Simple things, that many people do, like having a career, getting an advanced degree, getting married or having a family, buying a house, having fun with a social group, travelling, and so on.

Now, I know that many people with depression have done many or even all of those things, but it is so much harder than it is for people who do not struggle with depression, and for some of us some of those things have simply not been possible to manage at all. If you have a dissociative element added to the mix, it makes things even harder. There are a lot of things I might have been able to accomplish in my life if I had not had chronic depression (and a dissociative element) making it necessary to spend almost all of my energy just getting through each day, and keeping my life as simple as possible so that I could manage it.

I know that some people have conquered depression and others have had it simply fade away and not return, and I am so happy for those people. Unfortunately that doesn't mean we all can accomplish the same thing. I was once depression free for four whole years, which was like a miracle. Previously, since I was 12, I had not gone even six months without having a serious depression episode. Those four years were the happiest time in my life, but it didn't last. I never knew what caused the depression to go away, although I know what caused it to return. I don't hope that it will happen again, I just go through my life dealing with it and the fibro the best I can.

One thing I have found is absolutely imperative: find as much joy in every little thing as you possibly can. I am in terrible pain....but Oh look! There's a cardinal! Or, I am deeply depressed and don't want to do anything, but Oh look at my dog being so cute! That kind of thing. I milk every little good thing for all its worth and it really does help.

Sunkacola that’s so true, I’m getting upset 😢 nowI done even know why? Maybe I’m empathising or perhaps it’s hit home to me my own experiences+ feelings through life, I know mine is from extreme opposites of parental treatments + then sibling abuse, mam was unfeeling, +more violent + aggressive that any man I’ve known of or seen on tv, but there were also times she wouldn’t speak for weeks or just randomly leave for months,where dad was too suffocating + possessive trying to hoard us ( not in any dodgy way ) he also had a quick blow temper, but he also had a really sweet, funny, childlike personality too( that I loved) I think that’s why my sibling and I favoured him the most , sadly my sibling became like my mam ( actually worse!) she also took my dads worse traits on, it all caused havoc with my self esteem made me think if I ever tried anything I wouldn’t get there so there’d be no point, but I did get places + I was liked, but I just accept my depression as rain. ( it will come out of the blue sometimes, but it does pass) hope your ok sunkacola + not having a 🕳 💧💦 time 💜🖤💜

Sunkacola that’s so true, I’m getting upset 😢 nowI done even know why? Maybe I’m empathising or perhaps it’s hit home to me my own experiences+ feelings through life, I know mine is from extreme opposites of parental treatments + then sibling abuse, mam was unfeeling, +more violent + aggressive that any man I’ve known of or seen on tv, but there were also times she wouldn’t speak for weeks or just randomly leave for months,where dad was too suffocating + possessive trying to hoard us ( not in any dodgy way ) he also had a quick blow temper, but he also had a really sweet, funny, childlike personality too( that I loved) I think that’s why my sibling and I favoured him the most , sadly my sibling became like my mam ( actually worse!) she also took my dads worse traits on, it all caused havoc with my self esteem made me think if I ever tried anything I wouldn’t get there so there’d be no point, but I did get places + I was liked, but I just accept my depression as rain. ( it will come out of the blue sometimes, but it does pass) hope your ok sunkacola + not having a 🕳 💧💦 time 💜🖤💜
Auriel, I so appreciate you sharing your experiences so candidly - it's immensely inspiring! 💜

I know that some people have conquered depression and others have had it simply fade away and not return, and I am so happy for those people. Unfortunately that doesn't mean we all can accomplish the same thing. I was once depression free for four whole years, which was like a miracle. Previously, since I was 12, I had not gone even six months without having a serious depression episode. Those four years were the happiest time in my life, but it didn't last. I never knew what caused the depression to go away, although I know what caused it to return. I don't hope that it will happen again, I just go through my life dealing with it and the fibro the best I can.

One thing I have found is absolutely imperative: find as much joy in every little thing as you possibly can. I am in terrible pain....but Oh look! There's a cardinal! Or, I am deeply depressed and don't want to do anything, but Oh look at my dog being so cute! That kind of thing. I milk every little good thing for all its worth and it really does help.
Sunkacola, this sounds so familiar to me. I was diagnosed with chronic depression at 12, and it's been with me throughout - with highs and lows to a certain extent, but no real reprieve. You are so right about finding joy where we can. While we may not be able to experience life as freely as others, we do have the chance to help those in a similar position to our own - as you do every day - which is certainly a big thing to be proud of! Thank you for sharing 🌸

I’m getting kind of used to talking about it now, couldn’t before, used to close up +wrap my arms round me and shut the conversations down if people asked about my family + upbringing, I did a course about 2 years ago called freedom, started by a women (pat craven) who interviewed criminals in prison, she wrote a book then made a course to show up all the red flags, that’s when I found out my upbringing and past relationship treatment was bad, that’s how adapted yet horrible + natural it all felt, I feel better now my legs were really bad this morning, I had a rest + a green smoothie, now I feel much better 😁 hope you find something that makes you feel better soon too🤞🏼🍀💖

I’m getting kind of used to talking about it now, couldn’t before, used to close up +wrap my arms round me and shut the conversations down if people asked about my family + upbringing, I did a course about 2 years ago called freedom, started by a women (pat craven) who interviewed criminals in prison, she wrote a book then made a course to show up all the red flags, that’s when I found out my upbringing and past relationship treatment was bad, that’s how adapted yet horrible + natural it all felt, I feel better now my legs were really bad this morning, I had a rest + a green smoothie, now I feel much better 😁 hope you find something that makes you feel better soon too🤞🏼🍀💖
Auriel, you're amazing. Your strength is radiant, and you should be proud of both what you've achieved and what that means to everyone you share it with 💛

I hope you feel better in the next days too. I have the feeling we both will 😊 xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back